The iPad

10:11AM "So, gonna give you a little overview. It's very thin -- you can change the homescreen to whatever you want. What this device does is extraordinary. You can browse the web with it. It's the best web experience you've ever had."

Yah... i guess the web on this touchy thing is far better than on my big screen right now with a proper keyboard to type :rolleyes:

^ But you have to deal with that bothersome flash support.

It's cool and all, but what would I use this thing for? I have an iPhone and a MacBook already.

The idea looks to be for use when reclining in bed/a chair.

A small and lightweight product for the Mac family is a nice idea, but a Dell Mini Hackintosh seems like a better option in terms of actual usability.

Considering this isn't that portable... and the battery life is not so great for a day's use and that even your tv at home nowadays can do some of what this thing is doing... all this is is bragging rights... so what's new for Apple? :|

So like an iPod/iPhone it's a thing you don't really need, but is nice to have to be respected in society.

@argatoga, laptop? lol

This being more convenient as the screen and keyboard are one. I don't think it is all that useful myself, but I see what their aim is.

So like a sports car/game console/or most consumer goods it's a thing you don't really need

Last edited:
If they could badge it only few times more expensive than an iPod, let's say under 600, it could be a well selling toy. Heck, the way Apple wants to be a software supplier they could even sell it with some loss to get their XXL iPods out there so they could make money selling content like books.

Not worth $30 a month for 3G.

$499

$30 unlimited plan and prepaid? hmm now i'm interested

499 FOR 16GB, 32Gb for $599, 64GB for $699
3G model costs extra $130
shipping in 60 days worldwide

3g is unlocked, which is a boon for many people, like me!