The iPad

well, I would've bumped this thread today anyways, as we have recieved our iTampon just now:

http://img408.imageshack.**/img408/8789/ouripad.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.**/img189/5378/ipad2x.jpg

Can I just say you at least look very much like apple's target demographic :p

So I'm here at the local Best Buy messing around with a display ipad and one thing is clear, surfing the web with is thing is on a league of it's own. I'm posting this reply with it and the keyboard is virtually second nature to use, and quite enjoyable. I'm not quite convinced I'd buy one, but with os 4.0 coming up I'm sure most of it's flaws will get sorted out. If anything, it's sure to be a boon to the computing world and it's consumers, even if you never own one (competition/market pioneers good for consumers etc...).

I hate the fact tha Apple hates Flash

^ +1 rep!

Somebody actually wrote an emulator to run Windows 95 on the iPad!

plenty were waiting for that :lol:

reminds me of a while ago i had to go install cash register shoftware in a store. she had a vista machine, with windows 98 running in a virtual machine to run her old program :lmao:

My dad runs a DOS program under Windows 98 to manage his store...

That's native 98.

Flash sucks, yes, but with the internet in it's current state, it's a necessary evil.

Flash is a pain in the ass and should die a horrible painful death. I hope iphones, touch's and ipads become so popular that it will kill off flash from webdesign.

I just had this idea; if the iPad (or a similar device) could be a way to approach the Internet in a more functional way. Meaning, the Internet itself is not the purpose, it is supposed to serve a need or a purpose that I have, before I approach the Internet.

I know the Internet inside out. And I know about getting lost in it. Getting lost within all the possibilities that create new 'needs' that never existed before. And I don't know if it's just me, or if other Internet 'veterans' also get this feeling of wanting to turn it OFF. I look at new trends like Facepage or Twitter and it spells insanity for me. How people dig their own holes with social networking, even Southpark had an episode about it.

Apple wants to sell content, no doubt. But the reduced approach that an iPad (or a tablet computer like that) gives the user, could be a way to approach the Internet in a way where it serves a purpose. Like checking the news, writing E-Mails, maybe order something, and then putting away the device. RSS readers could collect content of interest, instead of scouring the Internet...

The technology should serve ME, being integrated in MY life, I should not become a part of IT. Getting the best without getting lost.

They will be releasing a version of OS 4.0 for the ipad a bit after the iphone one.