The lack of employment/Laid off/Thread

just noticed that quite a few new stores are opening in the town center including a new Discovery Store. Job applications away!

Good luck! :)

In response to Toma- That's pretty much how it is at my work. Sort of. At any given time there can be anywhere from one manager to seven all giving you orders. And they all seem to ask me to do something at the same time AND IT HAS TO BE DONE NOW or else! They expect way too much from limited people and they are very understaffed for what they should be considering it's the busiest McD's in the area. Someone I work with told me at one point most everyone had ended up on a break and they only had three employees left during a 4:00 PM rush time handling everything- drive through/drive through running, counter/running, and then someone in the grill making all of the sandwiches/food AND cooking the food for them. One of the times I worked that happened to me, and it was tough to keep up.
Been there, done that for a year. At the busiest McDonalds in the area, no doubt. We topped sales from any McDonalds north of Toronto year after year. It was in a Walmart, no less. Quit that job too. It was exactly how you described it. 3 Cashiers, 1 Cook (me). The cashiers sit on their ass and yell at you for not being able to pack 30 burgers in 60 seconds. LMAO.

Heh, Value Village was VV instead of Savers in Seattle. Best place EVER for costume stuffs.

I......may have an interview this week. :dance: Possibly two if I can get the other one scheduled.
Hope it's not at Value Village.

Yeah. Well they also yell at me a lot too, and then when managers are like NO YOU DO THIS NOW it makes doing anything pretty tough.

I'm extremely close to quitting just because it really shouldn't be this bad. And they are never consistent on what to do about anything.

"Oh make it like this" and then someone else goes "NO LIKE THIS they are wrong" and it goes back and forth. And we run out of food and all the equipment breaks on a monthly basis which sucks because it makes everything insanely hard to do. :mad:

edit: Also, GOOD LUCK COCO! I hope you get a job from one of those interviews!

Last edited:
thank you both. although i shall refrain from knocking them dead. not going to get me anywhere if i start bludgeoning them to death.

Well, I think it'll lead you to meet lots of interesting people. Jail mates, for example. :p Really though, I hope you'll get a new job soon. :)

Whoa...Erin's list of credits FTW. I still need to make a demo and see what happens from there, but it seriously sounds like a lot of fun.

Good luck to everyone looking and stuff! Knock em dead!

Me...While I'm "hired" I haven't actually started working due to a paperwork mixup of epic proportion.

I am not amused.

Heh, I just found out I have grand jury duty (apparently this pays more than normal jury duty?) in November.

Finally, I get paid for something! :lol:

You get paid for jury duty? :?
Only like $10 for the selection day, then $40? a day afterwards. I'm not sure exactly, but something like that.

I may be a masochist but I want to go to jury duty.

I hope I never, ever get picked for jury duty. But, seeing as I live under a rock and all that, I probably will someday.

thank you both. although i shall refrain from knocking them dead. not going to get me anywhere if i start bludgeoning them to death.
Yeah it will. It'll get you into a small concrete room with an 18st shaven headed resident of one of her HMPs. But on the bright side, you might get body searched by suggsygirl.

Fuck looking for jobs! :shakefist:
Quite eloquently put. I wholeheartedly agree.

The whole process just leaves me feeling unwanted, unworthy and ignored 99.99999999% of the time. How anyone avoids getting depressed while looking for work in those long periods of nothing but getting no response or only "thanks, but no" back is beyond me.

Quite eloquently put. I wholeheartedly agree.

The whole process just leaves me feeling unwanted, unworthy and ignored 99.99999999% of the time. How anyone avoids getting depressed while looking for work in those long periods of nothing but getting no response or only "thanks, but no" back is beyond me.

I honestly don't think about that whole part of it. In fact i've frequently gone out of my way to stay out of being depressed for it. Its the sort of thing that can just ruin your whole day, week or month. More that I always think of it as how Yoda put it.
Yoda said:
Do or do not, there is no try
basically meaning I always attempt to send out. if they don't bother getting in contact with me or just blanket ignore me. then it says far more about them than it does me. So when that happens I just don't think about. if i do its just a thought of 'oh, at least I tried' and if i hadn't then i certainly wouldn't have gotten anwhere.
Also its a numbers game. I always think "its only a matter of time until someone says yes. They can only say no so many times. Its not 'if' i go back to work. its only just a matter of when."

Sent off a load more applications today. Most likely will get nowhere but if it even gets me into a interview i'll consider that at least some form of progress. if not, then sod em. plenty more other places out there.