The Last Meal Thread

My choice might be influenced by me being away from home cooked food for the past 6 months though...

When I was at home, I wouldn't have been so eager ;)

Seriously. Idly and dosa are delicious, but something that mundane hardly would qualify unless you haven't had it in quite some time. Which is why I put Garlic Naan and Murgi Makhani from a bar in Jaipur on my list.

I?m not trying to swim against the current on purpose, but I guess I would take a different approach and just try stuff I?ve never had before including stuff I never wanted to try because I thought they were disgusting. Things like Snails, Insects, various Seafood come to mind here. Have them prepared by a Top Chef and let my last meal be not a reminiscence of what I know I like, but to try to take as much in of the world that I otherwise will have missed for eternity. And if you hate the stuff (and we imagine this as some kind of execution), your last words can be complaints about the food ("I knew why I didn?t try oisters until now, jak") ... wich as far as creepy goes for the audience, must be right on Top of the scale.

I?m not trying to swim against the current on purpose, but I guess I would take a different approach and just try stuff I?ve never had before including stuff I never wanted to try because I thought they were disgusting. Things like Snails, Insects, various Seafood come to mind here. Have them prepared by a Top Chef and let my last meal be not a reminiscence of what I know I like, but to try to take as much in of the world that I otherwise will have missed for eternity. And if you hate the stuff (and we imagine this as some kind of execution), your last words can be complaints about the food ("I knew why I didn?t try oisters until now, jak") ... wich as far as creepy goes for the audience, must be right on Top of the scale.

I give you: El Bulli. That would give you a pretty epic last meal.

A $100 AB or colloquially referred to as an Abortion. Basically because it looks like the aftermath of one, but AB sounds much nicer on the menu.

For everyone who won't get it http://dictionary.sensagent.com/ab+food/en-en/

Basically a huge plate of hot chips, covered in Yiros meat (Lamb wins in this situation), then covered with Tomato, BBQ and Garlic sauce. Chilli can be added for the brave.

My friend's dad owns the Blue and White cafe, where it was actually invented! The Burger Bar down the road loves to claim it to be theirs, even though they just nicked it, and they're just a crappy, trashy place, compared to the Blue and White, which is an awesome family owned and run business.

Last edited:
I'm liking the OP's Chesapeake Bay Crabs and Key Lime pie, it's just to hard to decide what I like best!

dunno really, it really depends on my mood at the time.

I do know that it consist of large quantities of meat, cheese, bacon, and eggs.
dessert : anything greek that's super sweet or fried in honey