The Lewis Hamilton thread: Love him or hate him?

^ Do you know what come through means?

Yeah, he's shown what he can do. But what he can do isn;t as good as what Hamilton can do.

Yeah, he's shown what he can do. But what he can do isn;t as good as what Hamilton can do.

In your opinion.

Hamilton has just been lucky. And thats my opinion.

I think he could do with growing a pair of balls and stopping repeating the same phrases to the media in every interview, and stop playing up the nice guy image, but saying what he's done is down to luck is a bit silly. You don't win multiple grand prix's with luck. You win one in exceptional conditions with luck *cough*button*cough* ;) Alonso is my favorite to take the championship too, though.

His interview-face may be a bit superficial, but saying that the fact that is beating a 2 time world champ and two excellent Ferrari drivers is down to luck is just downright stupid. With luck you cannot drive faster qually laps, overtake better, and be a better person. Alonso has the same car, so if Hamilton beats Alonso it has nothing to do with luck.

His interview-face may be a bit superficial, but saying that the fact that is beating a 2 time world champ and two excellent Ferrari drivers is down to luck is just downright stupid. With luck you cannot drive faster qually laps, overtake better, and be a better person. Alonso has the same car, so if Hamilton beats Alonso it has nothing to do with luck.

He's been beaten more times by Kimi, Massa and Alonso than he has beaten them. He made errors in the past 3 races, be it driving or setup. He had 20 odd points over Alonso and now has only 2 and only just beat him to pole in Fuji. Alonso will swallow him up by Shanghai and run out the winner in Brazil.

As for his interviews. I always want to turn the sound down when he talks. He's just too annoying. I didnt like it too when he had his hat so low you couldnt see his eyes.

I can't help it if I dont like the guy. I didnt like Schumi, but I put up with him. Looks like i'll have to put up with Lewis now.

Alonso for the championship and a dive down the inside at Turn 1 forcing Lewis wide!

YOu've got to remember that this is his rookie season mate! He's racing and beating people with 6 times the experience!
I doubt Alonso will get past Hamilton in turn 1. Alonso is on the dirty side of the track, so he'll get a worse start, and Hamilton has learnt his lesson...

Last edited:
^ We'll see!!

Yeah, we will...can't wait for the race...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjjrmrknrUY[/YOUTUBE]

A funny James Allen loves Lewis Hamilton video :lol:

(Even Jizzy Tissue gets a mention!!)

Haha that was pretty funny.

"This one's pretty interesting because Lewis Hamilton came out of his mothers Supermassive Black Hole"

Lewis offered huge pay rise

Lewis Hamilton has been offered a ?10million-a-year salary by McLaren as reward for his stunning debut season in F1.

With both Hamilton and Fernando Alonso announcing that they do not wish to remain team-mates for another season, the offer is a clear indication of who the team is siding with.

'Hamilton's new package - which will be finalised once the title race is settled - represents an incredible 30-fold increase on the basic ?340,000 he started the season on,' reports The Daily Mail.

'Although performance bonuses for claiming four wins and 12 podium appearances from his 15- race career have already rocketed him through the ?1m barrier, the hike is unprecedented for a driver entering only his second year in F1.'

Poised to become the first rookie World Champion in the sport's history (well, with the exception of F1's first-ever season when every driver was technically a rookie), Hamilton is being tipped to earn unprecedented riches.

"It is totally believable that Lewis could one day be the first driver on ?50m-a-year and earn as much from other ventures," commented Kimi Raikkonen's manager David Robertson.

Source

I guess McLaren aren't too concerned about their record fine if they can afford to shell out ?10 million. That amounts to around AUD$23 million!!! Oh, and think of all the bling he can get with that. :p

Nice work if you can get it!

Last edited:
I heard that his dad has negotiated a $US110 million deal over 5 years.

That's still almost half what Alonso is on and less than half what Raikkonen is on though right? If I were him I'd make sure I could re-negotiate that salary up after another year if he's still performing as well.

That's still almost half what Alonso is on and less than half what Raikkonen is on though right? If I were him I'd make sure I could re-negotiate that salary up after another year if he's still performing as well.
I'm not so sure. Ron Dennis is a very tough counterpart to negotiate with, he managed even to hold Senna's wage at a rather low level considering what he had achieved. They flipped a coin over the last millions, and Senna lost, he never forgave Ron for that...

I'm not so sure. Ron Dennis is a very tough counterpart to negotiate with, he managed even to hold Senna's wage at a rather low level considering what he had achieved. They flipped a coin over the last millions, and Senna lost, he never forgave Ron for that...

I think Senna was earning a good 1 million (unsure of the currency) per race in 1993 wasn't he? Didn't Ron swear at the end of the season he'll never bow to a driver's demands in such a way again?

Hamilton sparks ticket surge in Britain

Tuesday, October 2nd 2007, 12:39 GMT

Lewis Hamilton's stunning rookie season in Formula One has sparked unprecedented ticket sales for next year's British Grand Prix, organisers said on Tuesday.

So far 10,000 tickets have been sold for the July 4 to 6 weekend, more than double the amount sold at the same stage for this year's Silverstone race.

"Thanks to Lewis Hamilton F1 is cool again, and we are seeing just how much it means to the British public to be able to get behind a potential British world champion," Richard Phillips, managing director of Silverstone Circuits Ltd, said.

"Our ticket sales following his (Hamilton's) win in Japan were the highest since this year's British Grand Prix and double the daily average for September.

"That's the impact Hamilton is having on both the British public and the sport in general."

McLaren driver Hamilton, 22, could clinch the drivers' title in China this weekend after his victory in the rain in Japan last Sunday

I think Senna was earning a good 1 million (unsure of the currency) per race in 1993 wasn't he? Didn't Ron swear at the end of the season he'll never bow to a driver's demands in such a way again?
Like you put it, "in 1993". What I was pointing at was when he moved to the team for the 1988 season. Of course Ron Dennis had to increase his wage gradually as he started winning everything. But apparantly he didn't go all the way giving Senna what he wanted, as he Senna was frantically looking for that Williams seat to replace Alain Prost for the 1994 season... Of course a decline in McLaren's performance at that time was also a factor in this.

Look this is his rookie years mate, for a rookie that is very good salary. I'm sure as the years go by and he keeps this performance up he will get more money.