The little things...

- I do love how they speaks with passion and emotion. It makes us really feel the good and bad things they are saying about cars.

I'm script-writer and consultant for an automotive tv show in my country and we have the best racing driver in the country as a co-presenter and I just can't make him talk "alive". He is perfect driver, but he just mumbles like a lady without any emotion. :bangin:

Turturelo said:
- I do love how they speaks with passion and emotion. It makes us really feel the good and bad things they are saying about cars.

I'm script-writer and consultant for an automotive tv show in my country and we have the best racing driver in the country as a co-presenter and I just can't make him talk "alive". He is perfect driver, but he just mumbles like a lady without any emotion. :bangin:
See, you need to tame him. And maybe get him to wear matching overalls and helmet. And a blacked-out-visor :)

- I love how they make fun of other Europeans:

"Tallest race on earth, the Dutch. Mind you, they do take alot of drugs... Hello, Dutchie!"

Not to mention bashing the french each chance they get!!! :tease:

"Its like Lancashire Hotpot, with maple syrup... which is a good thing!"

i nearly bust a nut when i heard that one :lol:

Danny Tran said:
- I love how they make fun of other Europeans:

"Tallest race on earth, the Dutch. Mind you, they do take alot of drugs... Hello, Dutchie!"

Not to mention bashing the french each chance they get!!! :tease:

I love the America bashing.... and I'm an Uhmarikan!

Danny Tran said:
- How JC and James keep giving you clues theyre trekkies. :D

Yeah, when James said the doors on the Peugeot 1007 made the sound like the star trek doors, and Jeremy said 'No they don't!'

Danny Tran said:
- How JC and James keep giving you clues theyre trekkies. :D
in sagaris review "it powers up like the Starship Enterprise. (turns on the car) those are the dilithium crystals warming up"

when comparing the SLR McLaren and the C-GT, Hammond said that they needed to do a mind-meld to compare ideas.

- The independence of the BBC and their realization that Top Gear is the #1 show they have, allowing Top Gear to be what it is.

Oh, and Jeremy's constant affirmations of his superior "elevation advantage" over Richard...

All of the above:D plus JC and RH's constant "power struggle"

Coolest thing about it, is that could be concidered part of their job. Honestly, forget about the drive cars round corners quickly yelling "POWER!". They can get drunk, at work, ON CAMERA, and the bosses say "oh, the chaps in Glouschestershire will like this one"

JC (clarifiying the fact that a Daewoo is a Daewoo even if you slap "Chevrolet" on it, with the help of a real and a fake Armani jacket): "Wait. I just realized something. It's late [but must have been before 5.30 pm since that's when the shootings end], and I'm drunk." (season 5 bloopers) :thumbsup:

-The little editing and production touches that add so much to the whole experience, and how the music and camerawork always fits so well with the subject of the segment.

- How incredible and well-timed music cues can make seemingly boring cars more interesting: Chrysler Crossfire, Audi titty and Z roadster in Iceland.

-Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary. That's what gets you. - JC

While testing the new JAG XK in Norway
-You can have so much fun with this car on this road....followed by such an enourmous accident. - JC

i am a driving god! - RH
:thumbsup:

Didnt know where else to put this so here's a little thing Ive noticed:

James May always wears his personnal black crash helmet with the silver goggles on top! 8)

would you wear a shared helmet :yucky:

granted, i need some goggles like that

peterjmag said:
-The little editing and production touches that add so much to the whole experience, and how the music and camerawork always fits so well with the subject of the segment.

I just noticed recently when re-watching the M6/AMV8/911 episode; when they were introducint the M6, the first shots were out of focus, moving, only catching glimpses of parts of it through holes in the crumbling wall.

That's incredible when you notice it and view it conciously, it was better concieved and shot than a car intro in a big budget movie or car ad.

Any other motoring show would have shown the car sitting there first shot with some boring presenter babbling about it.

GraemeH said:
peterjmag said:

I just noticed recently when re-watching the M6/AMV8/911 episode; when they were introducint the M6, the first shots were out of focus, moving, only catching glimpses of parts of it through holes in the crumbling wall.

That's incredible when you notice it and view it conciously, it was better concieved and shot than a car intro in a big budget movie or car ad.

Any other motoring show would have shown the car sitting there first shot with some boring presenter babbling about it.

That?s one thing I also like about Top Gear: they use different things when filming cars, not always the same thing.

Chupacabras said:
would you wear a shared helmet :yucky:

granted, i need some goggles like that

but i think it's cool he's so attahced to it that he's carried it with him for the challenges, road-test roulette, to Lillehammer, Portugal, etc.

It's like his own sword or whatnot. :thumbsup:

stevie wonder could have done better!!!!

even though the Ford F150 Lightning review still pisses me off, i like the un-PC nature of Clarkson. i really like all three of their personalities and get a kick from watching them.

HuevosRancheros said:
even though the Ford F150 Lightning review still pisses me off, i like the un-PC nature of Clarkson..
how can that review piss you off?
i drove a F150 for the first time about a week before that episode came.. and i was sitteing there screaming "OMG!! I KNOW!! IT AWFULL"

id take a Toyota hilux (old model) over any new F-150 anyday
(and so did my friend who had borowed the F-150 for a week to test)