The little things...

peronally, i am a dodge guy, i just purchased a new Ram 4x4 w/ the Cummins I6 Diesel. The Lightning review I felt was out of context b/c the took a truck that had been out of production for two years and made a "new" truck review out of it and then the took a model designed for high performance on road use and took it off roading. Like I said out of context. The fit and finish is rubbish, I am the first to agree but at least make that decision on a new model that is in production....... i don't want to beat a dead horse though.....

I think it was more of a why big pickups don't work in the UK - not to do with how they are in NA, and I agree... i saw an F150 in New Zealand and it was massive, far too big for their roads ect...

I love pretty much everything - the banter, the camaraderie, the races..... would love to race Jeremy myself one day... and the way James says "oh, Cock!"

I like the fights between JC and RH over the cool wall, especially when RH ate one of the cards. That fight looked genuine!

dinp said:
I like the fights between JC and RH over the cool wall, especially when RH ate one of the cards. That fight looked genuine!
Totally hilarious!

The cool wall was always funny. Like the time Jeremy kicked that one guy out and chased another for disagreeing with him.

TomCat said:
The cool wall was always funny. Like the time Jeremy kicked that one guy out and chased another for disagreeing with him.
"the SL55 AMG is a stupid car?".............. chases person.......

"The Maybach 62's a STUPID car.."

Another little thing - Jeremy's blunt honesty and dismissiveness....

Katherine said:
Another little thing - Jeremy's blunt honesty and dismissiveness....

Yeah, usually when doing the cool wall you'll hear him say "who said that" or "you stupid man" :D

I like how Jermey is openly a bully: he regularly bashes on Hammond, but whenever a bigger taller man shows up, he keep s quiet.

Notice how on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, he seemed intimidated by the big guy when he wouldnt participate?? :mrgreen:

Not strictly related, but it's something Jeremy did on his 'Heaven and Hell' DVD.

"*BANG* this is just a White Good....... *BANG* It's built with no soul....... *BASH*........... no passion........ *BASH*......... for all of those that have been dawdling in the fast lane..... *BASH*....... and indicating left when you really turn RIGHT!................... *BASH*.

Could I ever get bored of this?................ no, don't think you can...... *BASH*"

Danny Tran said:
I like how Jermey is openly a bully: he regularly bashes on Hammond, but whenever a bigger taller man shows up, he keep s quiet.

Notice how on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, he seemed intimidated by the big guy when he wouldnt participate?? :mrgreen:

Phil Jupitus :lol:

But he's such a jolly man.

:lol: I've never seen any other presenter light up a ciggie on Buzzcocks

for me its spending an hour with three hunky blokes, they are obviously enjoying what they are doing and having a great time, the three of them are car nuts and their enthusiasm is infectious. :D

Cactuar said:
^ haha yeah...

"Yes yes yes! I've got the microphone! I've got the microphone!" (talking to the TT owner)

Yeah...
But sometimes it seems a bit odd when for example jeremy was saying "you know what that is? it's a vanquish for 50k off" or so to a guy in the audience...

BTW: What's your avatar from again?

Though James May is a late comer, and slightly slow to warm-up, he's fitting in very nicely.... a little pond of sanity in the sea of crazy antics by the other 2 :D

I adore the top gear presenters group, and i'll be so sad so sad when they decide to go their own ways one day

Jeremy's individual clips like heaven and hell are just so-so after watching the trio's top gear!

sturtles said:
Though James May is a late comer, and slightly slow to warm-up, he's fitting in very nicely.... a little pond of sanity in the sea of crazy antics by the other 2 :D

I adore the top gear presenters group, and i'll be so sad so sad when they decide to go their own ways one day

Jeremy's individual clips like heaven and hell are just so-so after watching the trio's top gear!
He's much better than Jason, he just didn't fit in with the two. It's like.. let's say Sushi and Spegehtti :p He was just to boooooring. James May is definalty not, well to me he isn't.

- One thing I really sincerely love is that not everything has to be completely serious. Like that endurance dirt-race they held in one of the cheap-car challenges. Jeremy going "It's not the winning, it's not even the taking part, it's just bashing Hammond!".
And the way they can make funny car-tests, when the car they're testing is in fact quite dull.

Fifth Gear (nor any other car-show) has this. It's all 100% serious, yet still, they seem to think that every single car they test is absolutely top notch.

I don't want to see a guy praising a Peugeot 1007 to death, I'd rather see 3 mums try to actually drive the car. It's entertaining and it gives you exactly the same information.

Also, the way they do their camera-work - it's just.. I just wet myself :oops: that's how good it is!

Re: The little things...

No Boss said:
Sirocco said:
I guess I need another glass of scotch. :roll:

-How the guys really have no shame. In the 2003 episode, where they compared the Boxster, S2000, and Z4; they were all shown totally wasted at a pub still trying to deliberate. THAT was hilarious.

You're just a bunch of twattering nancy-boys.... 6 gears!

I especially love those little easter eggs in the credits.

2 examples:

Top Gear Winter Olympics: Everyone is named Bj?rn, except Stig which is called Annifrid Stig. And James's name is Agneta May.

Season 8x01: Special guest: Loads and loads :lol: