The Man Thread

On that subject...
2651232220_96bf1357ee.jpg

b36-peacemaker.jpg

cleaversfurylitho.jpg

Sea Fury. Shot down a MiG. Yeeeah, bitch!
f4phantom-008.jpg

F4 Phantom. Badass.
mistel-bomber.jpg

The mistel. A fighter plane drops a bomber full of bombs. Oh yes.

Last edited:
A-10's are the most manly of modern aircraft. Vintage would have to be the P47 Thunderbolt and the P51 Mustang...with a Roller engine, of course. :)

The YB-49 makes your p-47 look like a toy that a little girl plays with :p

YB49-2_300.jpg

True, it is hard to find a difference between Men and Awesome, but I think one exists somewhere, so a separate thread is ok. :mrgreen:

I see little difference between this thread and the awesome thread... and that's fine with me.

Can always post random man thoughts here too. Like. . .

"I just endo'd my mountain bike, when the front tire fell off mid jump, probably because I overtightened the bolt with my torque wrench. Gonna go home and rub some sea salt in my open wounds and eat some red meat."

Im 16 (therefore not old enough to drive) but drove my dads car on an aerodrome (old airbase for non-uk members) and that was a manly experience

Alfa 159, 2.4 diesel. Yes diesel but its 200bhp and a whole *insert large unit of measurement here* load of torque. Needless to say, my dad was... clenched in his seat :) It's fun to scare him by perhaps breaking a little later than he expected me too lol. Another manly experience that day? Going with my brother to pick up his new car. Nothing more manly than filling in forms to then be rewarded with some car keys :)

Edit: except being a lumberjack, or something gay like that. *cue the monty python sketch*

Let me get this straight...your idea of a manly day is to drive around in a diesel powered car, while being supervised by your father and filling out some paperwork with your older brother ?

Listen, being under supervision and office supplies are just about as manly as owning a Richard Simmons excercise video.

You have got so much learn, young one.

Last edited:
HAHA you made me laugh :) No, its not the fact I'm in a Diesel car, but when your my age, too young to legally drive. There's something that satisfies my manly side, by watching my dead recoil in horror as i drive his pride and joy just that bit too fast for his liking. And picking up a new car is a manly experience. No doubt. Im not saying there exactly the most manly experience, for example, doing 10 flips in a harrier jump jet while smoking a huge cigar and listening to power ballards its probably more manly. But it's something that appeals to the manly side none the less.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xozDXxwvcw[/youtube]

My man day was getting completely shit faced on 16 pints of BASS 18:00 - 23:00 hrs - OK I was a kid then (1970's) - I was amazed that I was not sick (OK I was trying to get over a broken heart). Took me a week to get over the pain of it!

Anyway. ...

[YOUTUBE]-qOo568ACec[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
^ Oooooo! They aren't the same! Kayaks are single seater racers, whereas Canoes are open top two seater cruisers. Or something. Indeed the ones in the videos are Kayaks.

Edit: Kayak and a Canoe

Last edited:
^Kayaks can also be 2 seaters.. But a Canoe is open and a Kayak is not.
kayak_double_two_seat_composite.jpg

Indeed.
1987_predator_001.jpg

It's brilliant. A lot of McTiernan's movies belong in this thread. Shame he's in jail.