The Man Thread

My god! finaly a Country with a crapy enough military so even we can invade it! :lol::lol:

Our army transitvans will make mincemeat of your Vw vans !

*if we can get em started*

we just send crembo over there and they'll all start running :lol:

Die hard has to be one of the manliest movies ever.

i wish i could get pics of cool honduran army vehicles but ..

Imagen0172.jpg

Honduras....Joder si?

Is that a DC-3 in the background?

Probably. That pic was taken by me at a army celebration air show thing, there were those, some old TAN-SAHSA (Honduran air company, bankrupt since the late 80's planes) Army quadbikes, army Leyland trucks, that VW van, some K5 Blazers, Suburbans, A F4U Corsair from the ?Football War? some F5's stuff like that.

I've just noticed that VW has private plates on it. hmm....

Probably. That pic was taken by me at a army celebration air show thing, there were those, some old TAN-SAHSA (Honduran air company, bankrupt since the late 80's planes) Army quadbikes, army Leyland trucks, that VW van, some K5 Blazers, Suburbans, A F4U Corsair from the ?Football War? some F5's stuff like that.

I've just noticed that VW has private plates on it. hmm....

You won't have a pic of that Corsair, by chance? Since watching Baa Baa Black Sheep as a child i'm madly in love with that plane...

Since this thread needs to be badly bumped and I need to regain man points for making the cute thread, might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.... and by stone I mean tanks.

Though I've lived here in the US for 15 years and support our troops, I still am also patriotic to India. So here are some pictures of the Indian army's arsenal:

I have to admit that I find the Sikh in traditional dress quite impressive.

http://img23.imageshack.**/img23/4760/21517775256278bb9842670.jpg

The Indian military as a whole has quite a few good looking uniforms. They have retained much of the style originally from the British colonial troops.

IAF...another amazing arm of the Indian Armed Forces. Jai Hind

Sukhoi-Euro-023.jpg

Sukhoi MKI's flying with the RAF

Reactions: LP
Some of these pictures, by definition, may not constitute "manly," but they certainly help to define it.

Attachments

• 2711153965_372cfdfc4a_o.jpg
    2711153965_372cfdfc4a_o.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 114
  • 110909_mv_1.jpg
    110909_mv_1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 3490476251_3984cda3b4_o.jpg
    3490476251_3984cda3b4_o.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 1249210257217.jpg
    1249210257217.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 1254796443213.jpg
    1254796443213.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 110
You won't have a pic of that Corsair, by chance? Since watching Baa Baa Black Sheep as a child i'm madly in love with that plane...

Unfortunately i don't. The army feared it would disintegrate if i took a pic. I don't blame them, it was not properly cared and had lost the shine from it's former glory.

The Corsair entry in Wikipedia has a Honduran Corsair pic, but i'm sure you have that one by now.

Last edited:
Some of these pictures, by definition, may not constitute "manly," but they certainly help to define it.

At least for those that listen to the song of the sausage creature...
HST said:
I am not without scars on my brain and my body, but I can live with them. I still feel a shudder in my spine every time I see a picture of a Vincent Black Shadow, or when I walk into a public restroom and hear crippled men whispering about the terrifying Kawasaki Triple... I have visions of compound femur-fractures and large black men in white hospital suits holding me down on a gurney while a nurse called "Bess" sews the flaps of my scalp together with a stitching drill.

http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html

Hunter S. Thompson, in general, was quite a manly man.
hst_typewriter.jpg

Well hello mister fancy pants ...
bruce_campbell_evildead.jpg

:D

Hunter S. Thompson, in general, was quite a manly man.
I used to have a quote from him about getting loaded then starting fights with groups of people. He said he didn't care if it was a bunch of frat guys or schoolgirls, any group could kill you. The key to survival was to pick one person in the group and try to kill them. Literally try to kill them. Everyone else would be so freaked out that their only interest would become saving their buddy. You would probably be able to walk away and they would remember you for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
Wow! And to think I cringe at the thought of pulling splinters out of myself.

Wait, did I just de-man the man thread? :unsure:

I have to admit that I find the Sikh in traditional dress quite impressive.

The Indian military as a whole has quite a few good looking uniforms. They have retained much of the style originally from the British colonial troops.

The original Sikh garb is awesome.

I had a roommate and friend who was a punjabi sikh. His father's side is very traditional so his grandfather has the traditional garb and he has a long ass sharp ass sword at home.

So my uncle used to "joke" with him saying "watch out mandeep, if you fuck up, your uncle will slice your nuts off".

He's no longer my friend :|

The original Sikh garb is awesome.

I had a roommate and friend who was a punjabi sikh. His father's side is very traditional so his grandfather has the traditional garb and he has a long ass sharp ass sword at home.

So my uncle used to "joke" with him saying "watch out mandeep, if you fuck up, your uncle will slice your nuts off".

He's no longer my friend :|

We actually have quite alot of Sikh over here, most of em working in the fruittrade, and most if not all off them carry a 'ceremonial' dagger, (witch is about 25cm long and sharp as hell , so ceremonial my ass ;) ) , they even changed the law to allow them to carry that in public .
Quite a feat in a country with outlaws even pocketknives , let alone real weapons , let alone wearing them in public.....(as you know we are coverned and populated by leftwing nannystate pansies :p )

Any info on those daggers? is it realy tradition to carry them all the time or are they just making stuff up making the Belgian authorities looking like gullable fools again? (witch wouldent be the first time either :p)

Here in the US I think they just keep them at home. At least from what my former friend told me about it. I'm sure there are some rule breakers as Indians are well known rule-breakers :p

In India they're free to carry them around, it is a religious symbol after all.

Edit: We need some pics of these babies.

kirpan.gif

800px-kirpan_small.jpg

sikh-knife.ap.jpg

Last edited:
Here in the US I think they just keep them at home. At least from what my former friend told me about it. I'm sure there are some rule breakers as Indians are well known rule-breakers :p

In India they're free to carry them around, it is a religious symbol after all.

Edit: We need some pics of these babies.

sikh-knife.ap.jpg

I see, I guess if they are free to carry them around in India it make sence for them to wanna carry it over here.
To be honest I always thought it was illegal over there aswell and they just took the piss out off our silly laws just because they could under the whole 'freedom of religious symbols' thing :lol::lol:

Lord knows I would ;) , isent there a religion somewhere that allows and implies the wearing off a shotgun all the time ? :p

Last edited:
I see, I guess if they are free to carry them around in India it make sence for them to wanna carry it over here.
To be honest I always thought it was illegal over there aswell and they just took the piss out off our silly laws just because they could under the whole 'freedom of religious symbols' thing :lol::lol:

Lord knows I would ;) , isent there a religion somewhere that allows and implies the wearing off a shotgun all the time ? :p

LOL, not from any religion I'm familiar with, but perhaps you can email the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster for their recommendations? I am glad I'm an American.