"The Matrix" Part IV to go into production - Keanu Reeves confirmed to return as Neo

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Before John Wick i would've said no thanks, but im coming around to this, given that theyve never made more than the first Matrix :sneaky:

At least it's not a reboot!

I have a bad habit with being pessimistic, but the first Matrix film was the only good thing the Wachowski's ever made, so I'm really not expecting anything good here. I hope I'm wrong, because that first film is easily in my top 10 favorite films of all time, but I fully expect this latest installment to suck. lol

The first film was meant to resemble a Japanese anime, so maybe they should have got an accomplished anime director to continue this franchise, instead of the brilliant minds that brought us Speed Racer and Jupiter Ascending.

I should probably start watching to bring myself up to speed, along with that star war thing. ?

I was reading another article about it this morning.

Apparently the Wachowski brother are both now sisters having both transitioned.

I was reading another article about it this morning.

Apparently the Wachowski brother are both now sisters having both transitioned.
Yes. It's been a while.
When Larry became Lana, they changed from "Wachowski brothers" to "The Wachowskis".
Makes the whole "I woke up and have a residual self image that is different than my true self" thing seem much more personal...

It's not particularly relevant to anything, other than the fact that both of them have made the transition.

Certainly adds extra weight to the theory that gender identity and sexuality are very much based on genetics and are not a matter for personal choice.

I have a bad habit with being pessimistic, but the first Matrix film was the only good thing the Wachowski's ever made

V for Vendetta > the matrix

I'd say they are on a par with each other if you ignore the Matrix sequels.

V for Vendetta is a great film but the accent Hugo Weaving uses as V makes him sound exactly like Rowan Atkinson to my ears and that always cracks me up.

It's not particularly relevant to anything, other than the fact that both of them have made the transition.

Certainly adds extra weight to the theory that gender identity and sexuality are very much based on genetics and are not a matter for personal choice.
Not really, they were raised in the same household, so they were exposed to the same environmental factors.

Usually we use the Diathesis-Stress model for etiology; it's the idea that genetics can create a predisposition, but that environmental factors activate a particular problem/condition. This isn't true for everything, some things are simply genetic, others are more weighted to environmental conditions. To say that this is indicative of a genetic predisposition is, at best, only partially true.

/Therapist

Reactions: MWF
I have a bad habit with being pessimistic, but the first Matrix film was the only good thing the Wachowski's ever made, so I'm really not expecting anything good here. I hope I'm wrong, because that first film is easily in my top 10 favorite films of all time, but I fully expect this latest installment to suck. lol

The first film was meant to resemble a Japanese anime, so maybe they should have got an accomplished anime director to continue this franchise, instead of the brilliant minds that brought us Speed Racer and Jupiter Ascending.
Cloud Atlas

Cloud Atlas sucked.

In any ways, seems like this will be shot in Berlin.

I enjoyed Cloud Atlas. ?‍♂️

Before John Wick i would've said no thanks, but im coming around to this, given that theyve never made more than the first Matrix :sneaky:

At least it's not a reboot!

But he died. At the end of the third, he died, he sacrificed himself... it was a worthy ending. They're gonna come up with some bullshit excuse for the necromancy.

Yes, but The Matrix, Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending and Sense 8 all deal with having a "soul" and rebirth, so maybe they're gonna explore that, in a kind of afterlife?