The McLaren F1 has finally been defeated...by a Porsche 911!

Mazzoni said:
Koenigsegg has a guinness record http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ for most powerful production car. This company just seems like a hardcore turner company, to me. They have no info for like production line cars taht i could find on there?

Did you just say that Koenigsegg is a hardcore tuner company? Or do you mean 9ff??

They say this is a turbocharged car based on the GT2.

But where are the intercooler air intakes that are suppose to be behind the rear doors?

gt2b_highlights_intro_big.jpg

I don't think you can see them... like the SW220 MR-2's... you can't see the TRD aftermarket intercooler cuz its in the fin behind the door

Think this is ace, I'd much rather have this than the F1 anyday.

However if limited production tuned road cars can claim top speed figures then as far as I know this is still the fastest:

http://www.fastcoolcars.com/callaway_sledgehammer.htm

It's the twin turbo version of the Corvette ZR1; the 5.7 litre, 32 valve, 4 cam V8 engine was designed by Lotus.

The Sledgehammer has a top speed of 254MPH and is road legal.

Not the most attractive Corvette though.

Matthew

SiR_dude said:
Mazzoni said:
Koenigsegg has a guinness record http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ for most powerful production car. This company just seems like a hardcore turner company, to me. They have no info for like production line cars taht i could find on there?

Did you just say that Koenigsegg is a hardcore tuner company? Or do you mean 9ff??

9ff

Daniel said:
This 911 does not beat the McLaren F1. Its too exclusive and rare. ;) Doesn't count.
How so? There were only 100 F1s built...

Plus, I don't think the people in charge of keeping the records agree with you. :p

Dr. Woo said:
Daniel said:
This 911 does not beat the McLaren F1. Its too exclusive and rare. ;) Doesn't count.
How so? There were only 100 F1s built...

Plus, I don't think the people in charge of keeping the records agree with you. :p

The Mclaren F1 was a car from scratch. This is a tuned car. I think it's different. Kinda like cheating. :|

pft... you can just tune up many cars to go up in excess of 250MPH this 9ff isnt going to get a record but i guess it can be distiguished as a really fast custom car

mike_tseng said:
pft... you can just tune up many cars to go up in excess of 250MPH this 9ff isnt going to get a record but i guess it can be distiguished as a really fast custom car
Many? Like...how many? :unsure:

At speeds like that, you have many things to consider, paramount of which is aerodynamics. You can't just slap power onto a car and make it go 250...it takes a ridiculous amount of downforce and, again, aerodynamics to remain stable and actually GET to that speed.

So were you serious?

are there any tires which support the car at that speed.... even if they do it in the rain... I'm pretty sure the tires would loose pressure or become too hot.
They would also need a driver who has the balls to do it as well :lol:

Dr. Woo said:
mike_tseng said:
Many? Like...how many? :unsure:

At speeds like that, you have many things to consider, paramount of which is aerodynamics. You can't just slap power onto a car and make it go 250...it takes a ridiculous amount of downforce and, again, aerodynamics to remain stable and actually GET to that speed.

So were you serious?

Exactly :).

Look what happened to the TT when it first rolled out. Back end came up at high speeds and now we have that little spoiler on the TT.

This car deserves the recognition. Like Dr. Woo said it takes a lot to make a car go 250 MPH.

That's just awsome. Do you guys think McLaren will come up with a new car to beat this 9ff?

I actually hope that we will see more of this :)

in germany tuners such as RUF or 9ff have been given status as independant car manufactures...not tuners. If you bring your car to Ruf and they turn it into a GTR RS then that is considered by germany to be a tuned car...however! if you buy a car from RUF which they bought off of the factory, that is not a porsche, but a RUF, with its own serial number and everything.

so if this 9ff car was bought direct from the factory (as it may well have been) the this is a production car...not a tuner car. and it will be eligable for the title of "fastest production car in the world"

zyran said:
IMO the koenigsegg would be faster. Though I could be wrong.
Faster or not is hardly an opinion...it either is or isn't.

Dr. Woo said:
zyran said:
IMO the koenigsegg would be faster. Though I could be wrong.
Faster or not is hardly an opinion...it either is or isn't.

Faster is going to be down to a fact - the question will be answered. Whether or not the 9FF is now the world's greatest supercar ever remains a question. I don't think it is.

SiR_dude said:
Faster is going to be down to a fact - the question will be answered. Whether or not the 9FF is now the world's greatest supercar ever remains a question. I don't think it is.
I don't think anyone...including 9ff...is going to argue that it's the greatest supercar ever, so you can just throw that one out.

Fastest road-ready production car available to buy? That's the question.