The McLaren F1 has finally been defeated...by a Porsche 911!

Dr.Woo if you start counting tuned stuff like the 9ff's and so, there are many
who come close to and even beat the records set by the McLaren F1. I agree
with Daniel, for me this doesn't count at all. It's a tuned car, it's been touched
by two different companies which makes it not count. For me the fastest car
record should be of the fastest car produced in a significant number and
should be left as it is from the manufacturer. So.... : 1. McLaren F1 (or Koenigsegg CCR)

hanasand said:
Dr.Woo if you start counting tuned stuff like the 9ff's and so, there are many
who come close to and even beat the records set by the McLaren F1.
Still nobody has proven this. Can someone provide me proof that there are "many" other cars like this one (kit cars and track cars don't count) that can go 243 mph?
hanasand said:
I agree
with Daniel, for me this doesn't count at all. It's a tuned car, it's been touched
by two different companies which makes it not count. For me the fastest car
record should be of the fastest car produced in a significant number and
should be left as it is from the manufacturer. So.... : 1. McLaren F1 (or Koenigsegg CCR)
As it's been said...these "tuning companies" are actually considered by the German government to be completely different and independent auto manufacturers. These cars get their own VINs and are registered as (for example) RUFs.

hanasand said:
Here's one which has about the same figures as the McLaren F1, only a tad higher
topspeed (243mph)

The SSC Aero SC/8T
http://www.mcarsweb.com/shelbysupercars/sc8t.htm

The Ultima GTR has a better 0-100kph (and mph) than the McLaren
The Shelby SC/8T never beat the McLaren F1. It's ESTIMATED to go 249 mph, but it never did.

The Ultima GTR is a kit car.

Kip_6666 said:
They can also build the ultima for you, its a proper brand.
They can build one for you, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a kit car.

It's still difficult to be better than a McLaren F1 because the aerodynamics and weight are extremly impressive.
I never saw a car with the same power which could beat the F1's 240mph. Who knows what she could do with 200hp more?

Anyway, that Porsche is great. :thumbsup:
Incredible what a turbocharged engine can do.

Sorry if the english sounds bad... :p

I agree that car manufactuers such as Ferrari and Porsche could easily build a car to overthrow the Mclaren F1, but the question is do they really want to?
On the other hand, the Mclaren has been at the top for far too long, its time that it moved over.

diogomn said:
It's still difficult to be better than a McLaren F1 because the aerodynamics and weight are extremly impressive.
I never saw a car with the same power which could beat the F1's 240mph. Who knows what she could do with 200hp more?

Anyway, that Porsche is great. :thumbsup:
Incredible what a turbocharged engine can do.

Sorry if the english sounds bad... :p
Your English is nearly perfect. I know naturally-speaking American folks who have much worse grammar than you do.

maybe he's an american after all :p

Dr. Woo said:
Your English is nearly perfect.

I have to say yours is very good too!
Did you spend some time abroad?

cya
Oliver

oliB said:
Dr. Woo said:

cya
Oliver
Well, thank you very much, but my excuse is that I am American. :p

Dr. Woo said:
oliB said:
Dr. Woo said:

cya
Oliver
Well, thank you very much, but my excuse is that I am American. :p

I see... :lol:

I was wondering because you're using words and expressions you just don't learn in school.
What are you doing in Germany?

cya
Oliver

oliB said:
I see... :lol:

I was wondering because you're using words and expressions you just don't learn in school.
What are you doing in Germany?

cya
Oliver
I'm U.S. Military, stationed here at Ramstein. I love this country...been here since January 2004.

Dr. Woo said:
I'm U.S. Military, stationed here at Ramstein. I love this country...been here since January 2004.

Cool...having fun on the Autobahn? :mrgreen:

I also know some people working for the Military who are stationed in Wiesbaden. One guy actually retired a couple of years ago and now owns an Irish Pub where I live, a smaller city close to Wiesbaden. :)

cya
Oliver

Kip_6666 said:
evoWALO said:
thing is the 911's modified. i'd like to see a stock production car outdo the McLaren
I think it officaly is a production car, not totaly sure.
Or your not allowed to claim the record?

Yeah, a prouction car would be good, but I love Porsches, so good on them. 240.1 mph is awesome, that's only 0.1 faster isn't it (the F1 had 240, right?). I heard it on Top Gear, but they might've rounded up to 240.