The McLaren F1 successor

Maybe it'll have a V12 later on down the road. If there was just one thing better than a twin turbo V8, that would be a twin turbo V12 (not that the V12 would be blown, just saying).

They're just making 500 of them. There is no way the engine will change.

Maybe not, but in the end, the engine is a tool and they need to use the best tool they can, even if it's not the most unique or interesting.

And that's why so many cars just don't have character anymore..........

Well, at least the Italians are sticking to V12s. :D

Huayra - V12
Aventador - V12
Ferrari F70...well, nothing is confirmed, but going by this spy video:

I'm pretty damn sure that sounds like 12 cylinders. :D

Plus, it wouldn't make sense to put a V8 in the F70 while the F12 and FF still have V12s.

Last edited:
I don't know how I feel about this anymore. I'm sure it'll sound glorious and perform spectacularly, but not being NA is really disappointing. HUGELY disappointing. It'll probably beat out all other competitors but just knowing, it's not NA let alone a V12 is quite heartbreaking.

I don't know how I feel about this anymore. I'm sure it'll sound glorious and perform spectacularly, but not being NA is really disappointing. HUGELY disappointing. It'll probably beat out all other competitors but just knowing, it's not NA let alone a V12 is quite heartbreaking.

These pieces of crap were ruined by shoving in crummy turbo engines as well.
2447560004_large.jpg

1347948847.jpg

Gross.

These pieces of crap were ruined by shoving in crummy turbo engines as well.
Gross.

The only thing that's gross is you COMPLETELY misinterpreting my post. When did I ever call turbo engines crummy?

I only say it's disappointing because the F1's NA V12 was pretty iconic; and that is a characteristic that should've been kept in the successor.

Then again....we can say that about a lot of things and then we'd never improve :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, do you honestly believe I think the F40 is a crummy, gross car?

The only thing that's gross is you COMPLETELY misinterpreting my post. When did I ever call turbo engines crummy?

I only say it's disappointing because the F1's NA V12 was pretty iconic; and that is a characteristic that should've been kept in the successor.

Then again....we can say that about a lot of things and then we'd never improve :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, do you honestly believe I think the F40 is a crummy, gross car?

I think you are missing the entire point of the car (and the F1). This isn't designed to be a direct successor to the F1, it is designed to be the ultimate supercar, just as the F1 was. If McLaren decide that using a V8 turbo helps them achieve that aim better than using a V12 then I'm all for it. The same goes for those lamenting the lack of three seats.

I think you are missing the entire point of the car (and the F1). This isn't designed to be a direct successor to the F1, it is designed to be the ultimate supercar, just as the F1 was. If McLaren decide that using a V8 turbo helps them achieve that aim better than using a V12 then I'm all for it. The same goes for those lamenting the lack of three seats.

I can only agree with you there partially.

Oh my god that wing!

I'm more convinced by these pictures. There is some amazing sculpting on those body lines. Is it possible I'm seeing a double diffuser on that?

Oh my god dat wing. :drool:

And is that a double diffuser I'm seeing?

edit: wtf spitfire snipe me :shakefist:

Great! An automatic Arrest Me! feature

They've confirmed that this is just a design concept, but the real thing will be very similar.

This might grow on me, I still think it's a bit much, the rear is far from good looking, but the sideprofile is pretty great.

This might just be the one time where I'm hoping for a bit of toning down in the final version :p

I hate the MP4-12C, but the P1 looks fantastic. Very organic looking. Only thing I would change is to paint the bare carbon fiber inside the doors.

I hate the MP4-12C, but the P1 looks fantastic. Very organic looking. Only thing I would change is to paint the bare carbon fiber inside the doors.
I'm the complete opposite. I love the look of the fax machine. This looks like it's a vehicle for an alien race. The Zerg from Starcraft, perhaps?

It would be so fucking awesome to have a Zerg-mobile.

Last edited:
The production version won't have the aircraft grade windscreen. It'll have normal wipers. :<