The Melbourne Meetup Thread - 14th of October > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

Hi all,

I'd like to tag along in my ute... Triton ute that is!

Thanks,
AT..

Last edited:
Update Guys: I was running the Google Maps to confirm the directions and the time stated 35 Minutes, to allow us some extra time in case of delays and to get to LaTrobe Uni ealier to have a chat with other members, I have decided to change the meet time to 9:00am for 9:15am departure

Official Western Suburbs Pre-Meet
Please be on-time as we're looking for a 9:00am for 9:15am departure

Meetup.jpg

The current official meet up car is fbc's Red MkI MR2. I highly doubt there would be another Red MR2 at the servo. I will volunteer to be the lead car for the convoy to LaTrobe but if someone has been there before, they can gladly take the lead (I've only been to RMIT Bundoora Campus). I don't exactly want to make about 5 cars go round in circles on Plenty Road

Attendance list for Pre-Meet:
fbc - Red Toyota MR2
andyhui01 - Silver Honda Civic
Silencer - Green Mazda MX-5
Armunn - White Subaru Legacy

For anyone else who wants to attend, please post here or drop a pm

Last edited:
you never know... we might have so much fun it might become a yearly event :D

Considering the replies this is already a success, I think that warrants it more than just once a year!

^on roads like the spurs, with so many corners and almost no straigt roads, I doubt a cop can get a Radar reading on any car that quick and such short range... and flyingfridge, I don't know, when I'm on those roads, I find the recommendation sign useful, it helps me gauge how tight the corner is... much safer than guessing if its a hairpin or just a slight right hander or something :D

I use my GPS - very, very handy indeed for blind corners. :)

...oh, and if ANYBODY overtakes on a blind corner you're f**king insane... regardless of how confident you are that nothing's coming the other way.

Considering the replies this is already a success, I think that warrants it more than just once a year!

we can always treat this as our Spring run and we'll have an Autumn run as well... but you're going to have to think of more routes rather than the Spurs, something very different (all the car clubs seems to be doing Spur cruises these days).

And Squozen... I agree, but given the maturity of the members here, I really don't expect any superman/hero moves made by the members, or any Hooning as well.

My only contribution to hooning are the fluffy dice in the back of the ute!

BTW, I'm starting from Ashwood. Guess I'll go straight to La Trobe Uni myself? It used to be my old stomping ground...

LOL, if anyone is overtaking me on a corner im just going to slow done and give them room, sorta don't wanna make it risky for anyone, also dont want to be involved in altercation between people. On the straights thou drop it back to cogs and plant right foot :p.

Maybe a system like just flash high beams and get real close to say your coming through.

I'm hoping so hard for good weather, or else im going to have to take it so easy, the roads if there damp around there are really slippery i would imagine, like even more then usual.

Also funny news i just found out today, my fuel flap doesn't wanna open so im going to try get that fixed before the meet.

also, some of the roads have a bit of loose brush etc on it so it might be a bit slippery as well

yea... if I remember, there were quite alot of leaves as well, so if its wet... it'll just be a nice sunday drive :D.

I remember cruising with a motorcycle the other time and he would freak out everything he went over the thousands of braches on the floor :lol:.

yea... if I remember, there were quite alot of leaves as well, so if its wet... it'll just be a nice sunday drive :D.
:lol:.

I second that, too many unknowns when it's wet with debris.

BTW, the Motor GP is on @ Philip Island, so it should be nice and quiet. ;)

It'd be so totally awsome if you guys held another meet in the coming year, who knows, I might have my own car by then and be able to come along!

Even if I was allowed to take the Pug, in an effort to keep up with the group the stupid thing would probably just surrender at the first tight bend and understeer into a tree. :lol:

Last edited:
The forecast is not looking great but not super wet either. The wind and hail on Friday will bring down crap from trees so perhaps a slow sweep with a car or two to advise on conditions on the back roads will be the go.

Ok im confirming that i have a +1 in my car for the trip.

Bought the 1.5W UHF radio from Jaycar...and I've got another 2 x 0.4W UHF radio units spare now from previous cruises if anyone wants to borrow??

**Update: I'll be making the booking at the Black Spur Inn tomorrow, if you're unconfirmed at this point please confirm by 8am tomorrow morning.

At this point the booking will be for 35 heads :woot:

Bought the 1.5W UHF radio from Jaycar...and I've got another 2 x 0.4W UHF radio units spare now from previous cruises if anyone wants to borrow??

Fark wats the range on the 1.5 cause that would be about 2 km yh?

not sure if were spread out in the hills and tree if .4w will be enough, but the more the merrier:p

Fark wats the range on the 1.5 cause that would be about 2 km yh?

not sure if were spread out in the hills and tree if .4w will be enough, but the more the merrier:p

we had 50+ cars on a recent cruise marysville and my 0.4w was communicating fine with the lead car despite me being near the end.

and wow.. flyingfridge, I don't think we ever expected numbers like this when we planned :D

and tanakt, I remember people like SimID wanted to borrow some so could you please just bring them along? And Anyone else beside Crimson wants to be a 0.5w CB for 29.95? I will be buying them on Friday so be quick :D