The Melbourne Meetup Thread - 14th of October > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

^are you serious Hidden hunter? You must really baby your car in traffic :p, either that or your car has done alot of highway miles.

The clutch in my EA cost $880... but it's also built to handle 330rwkw (yes, I know these are rated in nM but I don't know exact figures, just that it's around 330rwkw somewhere, suiting my car (since kw = torque x revs I assume they've worked on my max revs 5500 and torque to suit.)

^Wait till your AYC Diff needs replacing on your Evo, the bill will scare you. I think it was about 500 or so just to service it :p

Yeah, car has been babied so far, doesnt look like I'll have to replace my AYC for a while. But it is due to get serviced :(

Pissed I couldnt make it to this event though; damn work!

^are you serious Hidden hunter? You must really baby your car in traffic :p, either that or your car has done alot of highway miles.

It's done a few highway miles in its time but its also done a lot of heavy traffic work (especially the last 25,000km) and it still shifts as smooth as the day it left the factory.

Sorry squozen they were taken with my 24-70 (@ the long end) - no IS to help me, I just have to keep steady and cross fingers.

I'll start uploading the higher res versions of the images tonight.

That's why I said 'dead simple with the right lens' - you virtually can't take a bad shot with the IS helping you. :D

Oh, and John, check this out!

We're hearing from a large and growing number of photographers this evening that Canon USA's customer care centre is advising EOS-1D Mark III owners who call in that a fix for the camera's AI Servo autofocus problems is approximately two weeks away.

Looks like you might be able to upgrade soon... :D

Last edited:
hmmmm - but now there is the 200f2IS and the 800f5.6IS coming and the 1Dsmk3 is close as well - decisions decisions

I do have to plan a few more car shoots one day.

^you'll have alot of chances when we have our next cruise :p... we'll plan for more time for us to drive up and down a stretch of road till you're happy :D

The car got given the go ahead by Shannons today, hold off on the photos till after Melbourne cup weekend.

pft, you guys can't just post pics with ~15 people in them and not add nametags :p

pft, you guys can't just post pics with ~15 people in them and not add nametags :p

Miss, you do have a point. I know what quite a few of the guys look like but there's quite a few I also don't know the faces of.

^ Those with people on them, duh :p

^^ "Life experience" it's called Andy, life experience... :p

I've managed to avoid most of the shots - I'm loitering about in a blue striped shirt (when I'm not seen cramming myself into the car).