The Melbourne Meetup Thread - 14th of October > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

Theres only 1 maccas that you can meet at out our way its gotta be baysie maccas lol. Either way a pre meet sounds good!

baysie is shit, heatherdale is better for me too I guess D:

Hmm the massive car parks around the back of heatherdale next the factories and the power station? massive place, and can basically have a whole meet there and its empty on Sundays.

btw we went to whitefriars college donvale

How many E-series Falcon will be making an appearence?

I was thinking of taking my Turbo EA but knowing it's fuel economy, would cost me about $400 for the day purely in petrol!!! Maybe next time when it's been re-tuned!

MX5 should be good fun on these roads anyway!

Also, I got myself a Canon EOS400D SLR with Twin Lens kit the other day so i'll be doing my best to take some decent photos along the way...

Hi guys... been using this site for ages to get episode links, but had no idea there was a forum attached!

I'm going to try & make it to the thing on oct 14th (though I do like to sleep in on sundays! :blink:) though I have a wedding thing to go to that night, so might not go the whole route.

I'm coming in from eastern side (mitcham), any other easties wanna meet up to go to latrobe?

Tim

Would love to have come for a cruise guys and let the new TT stretch its paws, but working at the MotoGP for that weekend.

Hopefully next time

Cause I don't particularly have a camera 'per se`' - do we have like a lead photographer whose got a decent camera and will take all the shots for the imminent 'FG Melbourne Cruise Photos' thread? Or is that a team job anyway...

I may think about joining you and bringing my gear along for the photo opportunities - think large white lenses and pro digital cameras.

I may think about joining you and bringing my gear along for the photo opportunities - think large white lenses and pro digital cameras.

If you're coming for sure, say so. I'd much rather leave my L lenses at home. :)

Official Eastern Suburbs Pre-Meet

Official Eastern Suburbs Pre-Meet

The current official meet up car is my blue 01 Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe. I will volunteer to be the lead car for the convoy to LaTrobe but if someone has been there before, they can gladly take the lead (I have a GPS so we shouldn't (shouldn't) get lost).

Attendance list for Pre-Meet:
eddysdaman - Blue Mitsubishi Lancer
bakis - Purple Ford XR6
Hidden_Hunter - Red Honda Integra
crimson - Toyota Corolla
MrDerrick - Renault Megane

Meetup location via Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-37.818836,145.215343&spn=0.005907,0.014334&z=17&om=1

Directions from Pre-Meet to Meet: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...47755&sspn=0.047249,0.11467&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

For anyone else who wants to attend, please post here or drop a pm.

Last edited:
Attendance list for Pre-Meet:
eddysdaman - Blue Mitsubishi Lancer
bakis - Purple Ford XR6

Its not purple all the time, its a blue that tries to be purple in some light.

woah... I never expected that many Melbournians to be on the forum, it looks like we are going to have more than 10 cars on the cruise, and johnr, it'd be great if you came... would get much nicer pictures than our pns digital camera's :D... however, I might borrow a friends dv to record the cruise, my gf's not bad at video editing so hopefully we'll be able to whip some nice vids as well. :D

wow this is turning into a big event, we're 2 weeks out and the list is up to 14 cars and 8 unconfirmed.

Going to be a great day!

I tried out the Kingslake-Healesville road today, and my car and I both enjoyed it immensely. A couple of cars moved aside to let me past, and the ones that didn't, I just overtook very quickly. ;)

The road between Marysville and Warburton is utter magic. Can't wait.

Last edited:
I tried out the Kingslake-Healesville road today, and my car and I both enjoyed it immensely. A couple of cars moved aside to let me past, and the ones that didn't, I just overtook very quickly. ;)

The road between Marysville and Warburton is utter magic. Can't wait.

me watches as all of FG is booked for speeding....

;)

me watches as all of FG is booked for speeding....

;)

See, now that's where only having 88kw (well, 88kw 21 years ago...) helps - it's all in the bends, not the straights (says he, knowing full well a decent modern hot hatch would out-corner the MR2).

Hello! New member here! Nice to meet you all!
Have been viewing the main site for a long time now but only just joined. Saw the cruise details posted up on another forum (OzRS) and very interested.

I'm in Knoxfield and can meet up at the Eastern premeet. :)
Driving a Renault Megane.

The road b/w Hurstbridge and Kinglake is a real treat. The last part is straight but before that it is several k of tight radius twisties that really leave you caught between gears - you need a good spread of power to hustle along quickly. This is the road where something like the 400hp EVO that JC drove could well been eaten alive by a naturally aspirated car like a Renualt Clio.

If you break any speed limits, and you shouldn't consider it on this road, it will be because you've fallen off the edge.