The Melbourne Meetup Thread - 14th of October > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

wow this thing is starting to grow maybe ill actually post after meeting everyone.
i just hope to god my little mazda doesnt explode on me maybe ill give her a wash for the first time in 12 months before i come along :D

the rain tonights made my integra look pretty shit (after I polished it all up) waterless wash actually doesn't do a bad job.

^I'm not going to bother to wash my car till Sat night, its been raining every day :D... but its not going to stop me putting a nice layer of wax on the car on Sat night so its all shiny for the cruise

hey anthony... great to have a FN2R coming :D, can't wait to hear it scream on the spurs :p... and welcome to the forums :D

wow... that's quite minor considering I had a mate who hit a shopping trolley and the damage was pretty much the same damage :D... we'll just get JohnR to take my rear photos :D... and you're car is looking pretty clean for the cruise(although you'll end up with dead bugs on your front bar from your drive here :p)

Last edited:
Hidden and I have just got back from a recce run of the route, pics to come. I've had to rejig the route slightly, the one road i'd never been on before, Mt Donna Buang rd, is sensational, but just near the summit it turns into a narrow hard packed gravel rd which is actually one of the stages on Rally Melbourne! Google maps is not always the best for route selection...

Last edited:
how bad gravel... as in full on small stones? If so, then its not good considering I'm on Low Profile... and how long is the gravel stretch, if its like 100-200m, I think we're fine... but if we're talking a couple of kays, then yea, we have to re-route.

No it's a few ks. It's pretty hard packed, we went down it in the Focus which will be on lower profiles than your civic and the car isn't even dirty, but there are a few mean potholes, Hidden and I decided that it's out of the question for the cruise without doubt.

however i'll probably take my car up there sometime on my own time :evil:

just tried to google it and if it looked like this

313.jpg

although it isn't that bad but considering there are pot holes, its quite a big no, but that road would have been fun I reckon, did you guys manage to find an alternative road to get back or are we just taking main roads?

:redx:

yeah we'll take Don Rd instead.

wow... that's quite minor considering I had a mate who hit a shopping trolley and the damage was pretty much the same damage :D... we'll just get JohnR to take my rear photos :D... and you're car is looking pretty clean for the cruise(although you'll end up with dead bugs on your front bar from your drive here :p)

I guess that's the difference between a car with good brakes and cars without, any other car that i've seen hit a roo has come off far worse... Think I went from 100-30ish in about 10m before I hit.

I'll probably go to a pressure washer somewhere to spray the bugs off while they're still soft, that's my normal trick.. then i'll quickwax it :^) I try and keep it this shiny all the time :)

hahaha that looks so sweet I can't wait

and for the record, I'm with you guys, if there's gravel I'm kinda for re-routing (I too have very low profile and I like my directional tread to not have rocks in it :p)

Never taken my Astra off road and kinda dont want to as I dont have any rally mudflaps on her. :p Seriously, she's on low profiles and she's lowered too, so I dont think she'll like to rally.

BTW, I saw the weather report, kinda looking gloomy for the event. :rolleyes: ....& I dont trust Lavinia.

....... and being Melbourne, it'll snow, rain, shine, hail, storm, heat wave and total eclipse.

We were talking about that today when we checked it out, we think that wet weather could possibly add up to an hour to the trip