The Melbourne Meetup Thread - 14th of October > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

Haha yh my brakes seemed fried after we did the road back down Mt. Duoasodgniofkjsdl, it was the only time I really pushed the car (90 in 2nd 120+ in 3rd, and for a 1.5l with no engine mods I'm very happy) (yes, This rambling means I don't remember its name)

yea... that was the only time I went full on with the car as well.

I actually didn't mean to in the beginning, I got in my car after sitting in the wrx, took the first corner as quick as the wrx (Was too used to it :p)... went holy shit, and backed off to my own car's limits.

such an awesome drive thanks to a for coming along and a special thanks to bakis for being the first person to stack it on a final gear cruise (just to rub salt in your wounds)

Yh, i look back and laugh now, there are times when u do wanna be the first person to do something and this ISN'T one of these times also the first time i've ever acutally stacked since i've had my license too:cry:.

At least its all on me, and nothing worst came outta it.

He'll be back and better then before, for the next cruise if u guys accept me again:unsure:.

ps, lilydale is so still part of melbourne :D

Just got home... had a great day, must say was one of the better organised cruises i've been on.

Will have some photos up probably tomorrow, they're copying now but I don't think I can stay awake long enough to upload etc.

Last edited:
I was too buggered to post when I got home and WOW! Heaps of posts to read!

This was one of the best crusies by far and an awesome selection of road! To have a whole rang of cars and seeing everyone throwing them around was a delight! The chap in the 323, I give him an "A" for effort! At one stage, he was infront of me and all I can see him was screeching around every corner on those skinny tyres with the brake lights flashing like crazy. :lol: ... and he was hauling ass! Hidden did alright as well, except for overcooking one corner. ;) I would of names him the Mosquito, always looming up behind me, waiting to sting me.

I had a ball discovering the potential and handling of my Astra and now I have the confidence to throw her around now. :mrgreen:

My brakes where fine, tyres didnt cope a hiding (thought they would being a front driver, they would) and a few times the ESP flashed crazy on some corners.

Will post up some of my limited pics later tonight.

Sam, you did an awesome job, looking forward to the next one!!!

John, excellent pics!!! I dont mind my rego not chopped out, save the time for some who hasnt got the time!

Last edited:
Some awesome shots there clint! love the one of anthonyc's Type R in the carpark... :woot:

Last edited:
Hi
I came across this thread when searching for info on the black spur for a cruise I hope to run for the 300zx club. The mapped route you guys did looks awesome, great collection of twisty's. Just need to go out and drive it now.

I was going to run a slightly different route to you guys but just wanted to know where abouts you took this pic:

IMG0175.jpg

Roughly what part of the route was it on, if you could tell me what too towns it was between or what highway that be great because I'd like to use it as a stop for a group shot on my cruise too.
All your cars looked good, I should add. Good to see people out there enjoying their cars.
Thanks in advance

I was too buggered to post when I got home and WOW! Heaps of posts to read!

This was one of the best crusies by far and an awesome selection of road! To have a whole rang of cars and seeing everyone throwing them around was a delight! The chap in the 323, I give him an "A" for effort! At one stage, he was infront of me and all I can see him was screeching around every corner on those skinny tyres with the brake lights flashing like crazy. :lol: ... and he was hauling ass! Hidden did alright as well, except for overcooking one corner. ;) I would of names him the Mosquito, always looming up behind me, waiting to sting me.

I had a ball discovering the potential and handling of my Astra and now I have the confidence to throw her around now. :mrgreen:

My brakes where fine, tyres didnt cope a hiding (thought they would being a front driver, they would) and a few times the ESP flashed crazy on some corners.

Will post up some of my limited pics later tonight.

Sam, you did an awesome job, looking forward to the next one!!!

John, excellent pics!!! I dont mind my rego not chopped out, save the time for some who hasnt got the time!

Yeah it was only sort of the straights were you left me behind, I overcooked it because I drove over some grit on the road :S but all was well ;)

and volk, your car sounds bad-ass :D

Yeah it was only sort of the straights were you left me behind, I overcooked it because I drove over some grit on the road :S but all was well ;)

and volk, your car sounds bad-ass :D

I think the auto worked out what I was doing and was holding the gears pretty well :D
i think everyone drove well.

^I noticed that too... after the cruise when I was driving back towards Maroondah Highway at normal speed, the car kept wanting the rev till 4k before changing gears and kept downshifting like hell when I just stepped a little more. Seems like the gearbox managed to re-learn my driving while I was on the spurs, esp on Reefton, it kept it on 2nd the whole way (I was really impressed)... Older autoboxes would have just shit itself with that driving.

And Volk, your 330i was just amazing on the long straights... everytime when I come out the corner slightly ahead of you, by the end of the straights, you're all over my arse :p

Hidden... all you need are some Fat tyres and you won't have any trouble :D

^I noticed that too... after the cruise when I was driving back towards Maroondah Highway at normal speed, the car kept wanting the rev till 4k before changing gears and kept downshifting like hell when I just stepped a little more. Seems like the gearbox managed to re-learn my driving while I was on the spurs, esp on Reefton, it kept it on 2nd the whole way (I was really impressed)... Older autoboxes would have just shit itself with that driving.

And Volk, your 330i was just amazing on the long straights... everytime when I come out the corner slightly ahead of you, by the end of the straights, you're all over my arse :p

Hidden... all you need are some Fat tyres and you won't have any trouble :D

It's called late braking :p it was good to hear the engine rev out, hit the limit a fee times.