The Meme Thread

See I only use the self checkout thing when am in a hurry. But when this happens I always have some kind of BOOZE.

"Please wait for assistant..."

I just wish it was the same person so they end up knowing who I am, punch in their number an' leave me throwing me money at the damn thing so I can tear-arse home an' start fecking drinking instead of fannying around wi' me god awful driving licence... ?_?

<scanning confusion>

:lmao: Absolutely. The other one is where you decide not to bag it, and you go about doing your business, and forget that you didn't bag that one item. You set that one single packet of cheese down on the thing because it's occupying your hand.

OMG ASSISTANT. OMG PUT THAT SHIT BACK. TAKE IT THE FUCK OFF THE SCALE AND OUT OF THE BAG, WTF ARE YOU DOING MOTHERFUCKER.

flagrant%20system%20error.jpg

Here's the "fix"

SjMUq.png

That "Me Gusta" face is the best part.

@Kajun's post

I use self checkout because it means I don't have to interact with the cashier.:|

Last edited:
Oh god I hate self checkout, apparently the most simple thing ever an' I always manage to balls it up. ?_?
I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

These things are made for the dumbest common denominator and assume you have never touched a button-operated device in your entire life. Honestly, all they need to be is:

1. Start new scan
2. Scan or enter item, scan or enter item, scan or enter item...
3. Pay

But, nooooooooo, you have to give it a fricken' biography before you even start scanning your items and press a thousand buttons between each one. Ugh.

Those started popping up around here and are actually really simple to use. Put the items on a plate, begin checkout, blip all your shit and put it on another plate, blip you customer club card (collect discounts, bonuses, shit like that), choose type of payment.

But of course...there are still people who go " How do I clicked? " and almost blow the damn machine up.

These things are made for the dumbest common denominator and assume you have never touched a button-operated device in your entire life. Honestly, all they need to be is:

1. Start new scan
3. Pay

But, nooooooooo, you have to give it a fricken' biography before you even start scanning your items and press a thousand buttons between each one. Ugh.

What? I always use self checkout, and it's always:

1. Scan or enter items
2. Pay

There is the occasional case of the scale not sensing the item(though I've only had this happen at Walmart, Stop & Shop always sees it), but it's not as though that's much of an annoyance.

EDIT: And actually, now S&S has portable scanner guns, so I scan everything as I take it from the shelves, then just pay at the register, be it human or robot.

Last edited:

1. Start new scan
3. Pay

Ugh am pretty techno-tarded at the best of times but self checkout I excel at being stupid at. One of these days am gonna put a fish through the monitor out of sheer frustration. ?_?

MEANWHILE!!
rage-comics-sometimes-im-a-dinosaur.jpg

zGVrE.png

Zeths.png

mwT3E.png

RODgh.png

95Drg.jpg

EBzSm.png

Last edited:
And a new meme is born

AKM548273927.jpg

340x.jpg