The Mercedes....Viper?

Alok

The TomTom did it.
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra 5F
I dont know if anyone paid attention when I mentioned such a long time ago when GM "donated" 8 SRT-8s to merc and AMG who dismantled the SRT-8s to test the transaxle and other parts of the new sportscar they are building. I bet my left leg this is one of those rebuilt test mule dodges with mercedes equipment.

Polly

wants a cracker
Of course it looks great, because it's all black and has the back of a Viper and the front of a helicopter gunship. ;)

But judging the upcoming Mercedes supercar on this is a bit like..

.."Yeah, she's gonna be pretty hot!"

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
I bet you can park a small hatchback in this engine bay...

Alok

The TomTom did it.
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra 5F
The SRT-8 is just a mule to test the transaxle and some components, without actually building a prototype. The merc car wont look anything like the mule, as the mule is just a SRT-8 in camo clothing.

hajj

The SRT-8 is just a mule to test the transaxle and some components, without actually building a prototype. The merc car wont look anything like the mule, as the mule is just a SRT-8 in camo clothing.
You might be right... if you mean SRT-10 of course. I remember something about that story. <_<
Of course the car will be nowhere close to this in terms of looks.....:lol: Does anyone remember that Enzo test mule??:rolleyes:

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
Mercedes should really put the SLR engine in it, it sounded amazing.

Alok

The TomTom did it.
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra 5F
Sorry, of course I meant the SRT-10, got confused :) I've had the luck to get a ride in the last SRT-10 before it was dismantled :)

Spazatao

Lyon, France. Missing Rio de Janeiro, Brazil..
Car(s)
Taxis
You guys are boring as hell. That's the coolest damn car I've seen in a long time; those proportions are so ridiculous as to be astonishing. It's a Dusenberg, a TVR, Cruella DeVille's company car, and the Batmobile all rolled into one, and I want one with all that test mule stuff on there. I hope they stuff a nuclear reactor under the hood and missiles above the headlights.
And don't forget it's also stealth !!

Anyone agrees with me that could actually be the only good 'child' of the DaimlerChrysler marriage?

Mopar Man

<a href="http://forums.finalgear.com/general-autom
Car(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega-Cab
Looks to me like Mercedes wanted one last gouge at Chrysler before they were made the minority holder.

Homer_Bart

Car(s)
2007 BMW 320i
Maybe it's the test mule for the new 'baby' SLR? The SLR has a long hood too :)

Mopar Man

<a href="http://forums.finalgear.com/general-autom
Car(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega-Cab
Yea whats with those Germans, always bein' so damn smart...