The most beautiful car ever

Your all wrong...

The best looking car EVER
288gto4.jpg

288gto3.jpg

The sad thing is that after this they gave us the F40 which looks shite...

And a close runner up
xj220-1.jpg

Silver%20XJ220.jpg

Audi-GC2.jpg

Simply for the purposefulness of the bodywork. Every facet of the R8 race cars body is designed to cut through the air as cleanly as possible with the most downforce produced. Actually, that could apply to every race car, now that I think about it...

Late 70s V8 Vantage.

/End thread.

And a close runner up

It's just a shame Jag put those wheels on them..the TWR XJ220S is better looking just because it has black wheels.

xj220sgrey.jpg

But it's still the giant floating hugeass gin palace yaught amongst the sleek speedboats of the supercar world.

You need to stop looking at it as a form of transportation, that is not it's purpose. To put it crudely, it is rolling artwork. The lines are dramatic yet gentle, it's stance is aggressive yet feminine, and the center spine could be seen as the blending of industry and culture, as seen through out the Type 57's era, the 1930's. This was a time, an era, when ordinary gas stations were designed by artistic architects, where the purpose was to be both practical and beautiful.. This Bugatti is...beautiful industry.

Type in Google image search the words "art deco", to better understand the meaning of this Bugatti.

fine, then i can see it as something Dr Seuss would have in his lawn, probably growing out of an oddly colored tree of some sort

Itd different, and not ...ugly if you're into that sort of thing. but i think that the title 'the most beautiful car' should be given to something thats looks beautiful without having to describe its purpose or art-deconess. If i have to google an article to appreciate the way something looks, its not deserving of 'the most beautiful anything'

No, I don't think so. I don't think it had that spine down the roof, the windscreen was more swept and peaked in the middle (not as flat). It is very similar. I thought it was Aero or something along those lines, it is very Art Deco in design.

http://img472.imageshack.**/img472/5103/0609150014ye3.jpg

Talbot Lago T150 C SS Teardrop Coupe?

It's just a shame Jag put those wheels on them..the TWR XJ220S is better looking just because it has black wheels.

xj220sgrey.jpg

But it's still the giant floating hugeass gin palace yaught amongst the sleek speedboats of the supercar world.

What about this then for a bit of automotive pron...

xj220_89.jpg

This was the one I saw at the motor show in Birmingham, the V12 prototype which was actually even longer than the "production" version. The proportions are completely different, I Love the way the passenger compartment is in the 1st 45% of the car and the rest is just to make it look good. Still got those ugly ass wheels though.

It was supposed to be 4WD with the drive shaft for the front wheels running through the center of the V of the engine, they decided it was too difficult or too pricey (Can't imagine why) and gave the buyers the RWD V6, which led to lawsuits from people claiming they'd been ripped off.

Got to be careful here though, are concepts included ?

Edit..., Nope not hotlinking day at all... If the link doesn't work later, I'll find the piccy somewhere else and host it like the others.

Edit 2 ... Got it fixed...

Last edited:
Mercedes Benz 300sl "gullwing"

0094_H.jpg

I typed "Vantage" into google,
and got this:

0_Aston_Martin_Vantage_AMV8_2405.jpg

and this:

Salma_Hayek.jpg

...Google read my mind!

pontiac_aztec.jpg

:lol: Bwahahaha I had to do it.

As for the most beautiful car, I really cannot choose just one. It would definitely be a modern car though.

If you think that is, get the version that doesn't have those last minute bumpers tacked on.

I actually like the 308 better than the 328... it's a bit more aggressive lookin (oh and it's got to be the GTS, don't forget Tom Selleck :lol: )

Not enough, apparently. It comes up about twice a year or so and sometimes we get some new cars posted. Kind of like Mental Status Exams, all results are only good for the moment you give them. Our tastes change with the season, our mood, and a crapload of other variables.

It's kind of fun, I think.

In a street car
Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
968-1.jpg

In a race car
Alfa Romeo TZ2
977-1.jpg

Hmm, either,

http://img181.imageshack.**/img181/2329/1959jaguarxk150whitefalof1.jpg

Or

23.jpg

24.jpg