The most disgusting thing ever

Vegemite+anything (well, eggs, cheese, french toast, lasagne, avocado and the like)=the bomb.

But rice pudding...you just reminded me how gross that stuff is! My family is malaysian chinese so we eat a LOT of steamed rice. I personally don't mind risotto but my dad thinks it's Italian for 'who screwed up the rice'? But rice pudding...I had it for breakfast once at a friend's house, with melon in it, and it was the most disgusting mucusy bad tasting thing ever.

My personal disgusting thing - tinned milk puddings. Rice pudding is OK at a push, but tinned semolina is like sweetened wallpaper paste and as for tinned tapioca... :puke:
That's because you're old enough to remember school dinners of the eighties (and, at a push, the seventies), and will be forever haunted by the dreadful memories.

It wasn't much better in my day half a decade later. Semolina still had a skin on it thicker than a ticket tout's wallet. Mushrooms were, to quote Sue Perkins, "the colour of sadness". Chips were inevitably limp and floppy. But the worst - the very worst - part of my school dinners were the sausages. Think of a grey filling made with no discernable meat surrounded by a hard, leathery skin... Richard Hammond really should worry about those.

7602.jpg

:puke:

How could anybody possibly eat something that looks like this?! That's supposed to be a chili dog down there....somewhere.

I suppose it looks like that so when you throw it back up onto the plate, no one will notice.

you guys are nuts ! that looks awesome (albeit stomach pump material)

any combination with bread + meat + tomato sauce + cheese is awesome

lutefisk.

A lot of ppl in Sweden eats that aswell and it isn't too bad the fish itself tastes almost nothing.

But I would like to present "surstr?mming"! It's fermented herring and I can't describe the smell of this. It's awful.

Surstr?mming

These bacteria produce carbon dioxide and a number of compounds that account for the unique odor: pungent propionic acid, rotten-egg hydrogen sulfide, rancid-butter butyric acid, and vinegary acetic acid.

I recently had a meal that was so bad, I had to post about it. It was at a local Applebee's maybe a little over a month ago. I normally would never eat here since the food sucks and is really overpriced, but it's where my grandma wanted to go so off we went. While the food has never been good, this trip was by far the worst.

I ordered a simple cheese burger and fries. When it arrived the burger was greasy as hell, slightly undercooked, and the cheese wasn't even melted. The fries were not much better since several of them were ice cold and not cooked.

My mom ordered a new york strip steak, or what this place claims is one, which cost $15. It was ordered medium and came out not only paper thin but with a taste like rubber. For the same money I can go to another place a few miles away and order a REAL steak with enough sides to act as meals on their own. She wound up trading it with my sister for her steak medallions with mushrooms.

And the salad that arrived looked like it made of mostly stalks, not you know... lettuce.

The only good thing was the desert which was some chocolate cake and ice cream.

In the end the tab for the three of us (me, mom, and sister) was over $50 for incredibly shitty food and rather poor service. I'm never eating there again, I don't care what my grandma wants.

Fuck Chili's. Chili's might be the worst chain I've ever been to.

What kind of a restaurant like that doesn't have mozzarella sticks, anyway?

TGI Friday's is even worse, especially now that that Guy asshole pisses me the fuck off. Fuck them.

Ruby Tuesday isn't bad - it's slightly more classier and they have pretty good beers available.

Hahaha. Yeah, Guy Fieri has a restaurant in my home town called Tex Wasabi's. It serves sushi and barbecue and advertises beer pong in the window. Apparently all of the food tastes like ass. Therefore, he's not allowed to comment about culinary things imo.

I still say Chili's is slightly better than Applebee's, but neither would be my first pick. My favorite place right now is Lucille's, their pulled pork and tri-tip is delicious.

Why? Are Applebees' food pretty digusting?

Wait, you PAID for a shitty dinner? What's wrong with you? I'd make them redo my food if it came out like that. Fkin hell, that irritates me that you basically got raped with your food and took it :p

Well I know exactly what I would have gotten in return: more shitty food only now with the added bonus of several bodily fluids and god knows what else. When everything at the table is horrible, there's something very wrong back in the kitchen.

So rather than get another greasy undercooked burger with pubic hair sprinkled on it, I just shut up and took it like a man.

Probably a good idea. Pubes burgers don't sound too delicious.

Chili's is certainly better in my experience than applebee's.

Wait, you PAID for a shitty dinner? What's wrong with you? I'd make them redo my food if it came out like that. Fkin hell, that irritates me that you basically got raped with your food and took it :p
If you have friends in food service, ask them about what happens when guests demand that their food is re-fired. Be extremely nice to the people who handle your food.

Anyway's Chilli's, Applebee's, TGI Friday's, they all suck. The food is always done well, but it's franchise food, so it's boring and overpriced. Only franchise with decent and fairly exciting food is Chipotle, although I wish they'd occasionally mix their menu up, or do a special.

Last edited: