The Music Thread

Chock another up for not really using playlists. I only have two. One's supposed to be fast paced energetic, but whenever I put it on I keep getting ballads popping up :lol: And a DSBM / atmospheric bm one because I prefer broad genre tags over nitpicky sub-genre tags.

Shuffle's usually good enough for me. No matter what I'm doing, angry music for a few minutes followed by something calming and then an epic soundtrack and then a song about dragons and wizards. Maybe it's just me, but that works in most situations. *shrug*

[video=youtube;c-q7Mih69KE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-q7Mih69KE[/video]

Word to the metalheads, Metal Archives V2.0 is finally live. Six plus years in the making, it's finally here. No more frames! And there's a ton of work to do and lots of points in it for anyone who wants to do it, I've gotten like 50 points already just doing lineups (+1 point for every member, plus albums now have a lineup section that also gives +1 per)

Yeeeaahh

[youtube]8ex38L8xtNI[/youtube]

Better than the Muse version and the original?

Last edited:

I just saw this clip from the upcoming AC/DC dvd/blu-ray.

I expected to hear Brian struggling with the vocals, but I was actually pleasantly surprised by his voice. The thing that made me sad was Angus. Just listen to the intro-riff. He plays all the notes, but he is falling behind. Not a lot, not something that you can hear at the show. But when you listen to it on a good system you can hear that his playing is 1-2% slower than the rest of the band.
Thunderstruck

[video=youtube;iR6oYX1D-0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6oYX1D-0w[/video]

amazing ethereal neo-classical darkwave

Even though Demonaz only wrote the lyrics for I, Demonaz sounds just like I without Abbath, weird but not that weird since I'm pretty sure the music is all Ice Dale in both.

I don't even know if anyone else around here likes aggrotech/terror EBM/whatever the hell

And if you hated all that, fine, have some trailer music... rock... something...

Better than the Muse version and the original?

No. My personal opinion is that out of all of the most popular/well known versions, Muse's is the only 'original' one (obviously the original is too, but I don't like it that much). Everyone just wants to be Nina Simone.

Friend of mine just sent me this. Don't really know what he was looking for, or how he found this... but enjoy you're Eastern European mind fuck.

Her eyes area really gorgeous though.

(As with most modern Russian music, try to not pay attention to the words if you want to have any IQ left by the end of the song)

Its like they saw a Lady Gaga music video and thought "Brilliant!". Then they saw a 80s disco music video and thought "Brilliant!". Then they thought "Brilliant! + Brilliant!, what could be better?!"

Last edited:
Her voice reminds me a bit of Origa - not that that's a bad thing.

I just heard this song today. No disrespect to The Clash, but I think I actually like this version better than the original.

[video=youtube;x-64CaD8GXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw[/video]