The Music Thread

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
The Heavy, for great justice. The Glorious Dead is one of the most consistently awesome albums I've heard in years.

Caught a couple seconds of this track in the Great Gatsby trailer, had to know what it was. Very impressed by Florence + The Machine.

Jon

Car(s)
Ford Mondeo 2.0 Honda CBR600FS (Now wrecked!)
Frank Turner's been mentioned in the last page, but I think he deserves more attention. He's a wonderfully talented man who's only just coming to light amongst a mainstream audience. He's not comfortable with it, but frankly it's well deserved as the guy is absolutely awesome (met him a few times), so down to earth, not at all arrogant.. and his music is straight from heart. Nothing ever written to please a record label.

This song always gives me a lump in my throat.

Written about one of his close friends Lex who succumbed to cancer.

The top comment sums it up well: "Every performance of this song you can see how much? it means to him , amazing song, amazing musician, amazing man"

Last edited:

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending

And a lass I stumbled upon a few years ago and have much admired since....

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Don't know how I only just discovered this song, but I haven't been able to get enough of it since I first heard it a week or so ago.

Last edited:

BTM5

has anyone seen this? shes got such an amazing voice, this song has been on repeat for like an hour

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
Came on shuffle on the drive back from work today. First time I've heard it. Really really really liked it

Last edited:

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
03 Ford Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S
Don't know how I only just discovered this song, but I haven't been able to get enough of it since I first heard it a week or so ago.
I also love that song. Saw Slash and Myles live last year, and it was an awesome show. They played this, then went into Sweet Child O' Mine, and the place erupted. I got it on video:mrgreen:
[video=youtube;m-zzXgaGAm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-zzXgaGAm8[/video]

Meanwhile I'm relapsing into my old goth phase..

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
I also love that song. Saw Slash and Myles live last year, and it was an awesome show. They played this, then went into Sweet Child O' Mine, and the place erupted. I got it on video:mrgreen:
I'm quite jealous. The only show Slash is playing around here in the near future is at a festival. I hate festivals and refuse to go to them <_<

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
I've never been much of a Zeppelin fan...always been in the Deep Purple camp. However, I also enjoy 80s hair metal. In the last year I started listening to Great White (even went to see Jack Russell live). I love their blues heavy rock. And then I found this:

Wow...just wow. Jack sounds as good as Plant ever did.

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
03 Ford Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S
I'm quite jealous. The only show Slash is playing around here in the near future is at a festival. I hate festivals and refuse to go to them <_<
I'm the same. Tool played 2 festival shows in Sydney in 2011, but I refused to go, knowing there'd be too many drunken fools to ruin it for me.
I flew to Melbourne, hired a car and stayed in a motel just to get to see them do a solo headline show.

Now playing:

Lekky

Do you feel lekky, punk?
Car(s)
06' Suzuki Swift
Can't stop listening to this cover at the moment, think it's better than the original. So much love for San Cisco and Daft Punk.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
As a huge, long-time NIN fan, I'm not yet sure how I feel about this one. It reminds me a bit of old-school dance/industrial like, say, Front 242...but it's not grabbing me like I was hoping. I'll stil see them when they go on tour, as it's always a HELL of a great show...but...so far this first new track is leaving me a bit "meh."