The Music Thread

Always liked that track. Record Collection from the same album (Record Collection) is also a good one I reckon. Not a massive fan of the rap segment but meh. I used to listen to quite a few tracks from that album back when it was new.

I've been listening to a lot of synth recently, kind of heading towards buying synth components myself and/or building a modulin. Caspro has some tracks that hit the spot at the moment, this one's a cover.

Syth music is something otherwordly when you're listening on headphones and laying in bed. I imagine it's probably the closest I'll get to not smoking weed or something similar. It's quite an enjoyable experience. Since I set my desk speakers out more with 2x 20" monitors in between, the stereo imaging is incredible and provides a great listening experience.

I've listened to The Cure since I was a teen since I was friends with a couple of goth/punk chicks at the time (totally no romantic intentions at all, no sir-ee) and just remembered this song again.

It was one of the first of The Cure songs I listened to and I adore the music video. Playing this song with the video is not the same for me.

For me, this will always be my goto The Cure song:

Back when concerts were still a thing, I saw The Cure do their Disintegration 30th Anniversary show at the Sydney Opera House.
Had 4th row centre tickets. Second time I've seen them there too. Absolutely brilliant.

Because the world is both weird and wonderful...

The original mash up

The cover,

New stuff from Finntroll. Not that they'd ever been easy listening, but plenty of good tempo parts and slightly heavier sound here. It's the feature single of the week on one of the Rock stations here.

Last edited:
A classic popped up in my stream that made me think how little has changed in 40 years.

you know, Rush is probably the best band ever and I bought an album by Railroad Earth because of a similar music video style. What I mean is music video style, not genres.

Last edited:
@DaBoom referred me to this. ?

New Brother Firetribe album coming out this weekend.

Not much has changed from previous albums. But it's a well working form. :love:

It’s that time of year folks!

With the passing of Eddie Van Halen, I have been listening to some of the music that I normally don't here, and it is reminding me all over of how great that group was, and what a hole is left in his absence. NPR put together a nice list to listen to and breaks them down so you can understand what you are hearing.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/10/9222...niques-that-made-eddie-van-halen-a-guitar-god

The Astonishing Techniques That Made Eddie Van Halen A Guitar God

UFO is still one of my favorites.

maybe because the lead guitarist is German. ??