The Music Thread

i still go back to this.

it's just off the wall <3

Torrential rain in Sydney, flooding at a friend's property up north, and it felt like a bit aof a Tea Party kind of day. They should be so much better known than they are, but if it means Australia get more of their attention and tours, then it's fine.

Austria is magical place.

Apparently I like The Avalanches.

I'm not always into this type of music but I've been following Gunship and noticed this was new, really liking it at the moment.

I really like this cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit":

Best comment on YouTube:
My husband and I got married on halloween of 2015 and this is the song the wedding party and I walked down the isle to. It was perfect.
That's... something. Sound like a wedding I'd have loved to attend. :D

Saw this pop up on reddit as a nostalgia post, and damn if it didn't bring back memories.
They broke up in 2001, but apparently are now back together and making new music.

...aaand now that my mother isn't standing over me, wanting me to make a phone call for her (despite her fancy new hearing aids streaming calls directly, she still can't hear anything), I can tell the story of the invite only acoustic show these guys did in Sydney just after 9/11 happened.

Got a ticket through a friend, as did the guy who was apparently interested in me at the time. SW were his all time favourite band, and he was SO proud of the fact that just like the lead singer, who was his personal idol, he name was also Chris.
He spent the entire evening never leaving my side, which was rather annoying, and wasn't in any way convincing me that I should go out with him - quite the opposite.

When the two guys in the band finished their performance, they wandered the room and mingled with the 100 or so people in attendance. Of course talk turned to unfolding events in the US, and the fact that they had been supposed to fly home the next day, but with all the airspace closed, there was no idea when they'd be able to return.

When singer Chris made his way around to our group, awkward Chris got even more awkward worshipping his idol. So singer Chris started ignoring him and chatting to me, being really flirty. Awkward Chris had NO CLUE how to deal with this - his idol, flirting with the girl he liked. Damn it was funny.

Anyhow, the record company people had a bunch of posters of the album cover that they were promoting, set up a table, and some markers, and we set about queuing for autographs.
Most of the girls' posters ended up with the the name of the hotel and their room number on it as well, with a verbal invite to "bring as many of your girl friends as you like, but not so many guys", as they were having a party, since they were stuck there for the foreseeable future.
The touring guitarist literally nodded in awkward Chris' direction as he said "not too many guys".

Couple of days later they met up with a group of us at Taronga Zoo and did some city sightseeing, and they turned out to be super nice guys. It was one of those times where you almost wish there'd been camera phones and such as there are now, because it'd be great to have photos from that day. I'm sure I still have the signed poster, and my copy of the album cover is signed as well.

Much later edit: Found the CD…poster will be somewhere I’m sure.
DB5A7A57-6DCD-4F92-B8E4-ACD7EC8B8DA3.jpeg

Last edited: