The Music Thread

Therapy's Troublegum was one of my favorite albums in high school. Weirdly, I've never ever seen video of them playing anything , and not even sure if I've seen photos of the band...until I saw this video for the opening track today. It's...so very 90s, and...they are not what I thought they looked like. 😅 The band might as well be named "some bloke and those guys". I always pictured them to be...more "dirty"/punk.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZ44S3ZIJM

Gena and I went to see Weird Al in Tulsa this evening. This is our second time, the first being in Kansas City, I think during the 2015 tour.

For tonight's performance we had better seats and we could actually see Al. Close enough to see him spit, but not close enough to get hit. 🤣

The set was mostly original classics, some with a fun twist (the lounge version of Date to be Stupid was awesome). The encore was great too, who knew Al and crew could fill in for REM. 😁

Where does Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb fall in that spectrum?

Good question.

I'm confused by this study. I understand there can be outliers or the study is falatious, but I like Rage. At first it was the music, then I understood there was a message and that message is, "It's all fucked". I thought I was a good person, wanting to do what's right.