The Musical Instruments Thread

And Dad's elecrtic guitar.
S4010123.jpg

He can't play it, has no idea what it is (it used to be red and white before he resprayed it). It was given to him by a high school friend who had taken his Dad's Jaaaaaag out one night while his folks were away, to impress his girlfriend, and smashed it. It was part payment to Dad, who was the one who sacrificed the rest of his weekend to repair the car before his mate's parents got home.

Great story!

It almost looks like a Carvin or a Beltone..Silvertone, maybe. Both companies' guitars were made by Teisco of Japan, as were guitars by Del Ray, Kingston, Silverton, Kimberly, etc etc.

Check out the headstock on this Carvin, made by Teisco:
66-1906bass-large.jpg

Last edited:
Here are mine.

I started with just the Bass, bought the strat, and finally picked up the Les Paul 2 years ago. I've been playing for about 7 years now, sure doesn't feel that long though. The LP is my primary axe. I <3 it.

Synthesizers.com modular, 14 modules currently. And that's an Oberheim Matrix 6 on top with the broken key which is acting up (hence the usage as a shelf).
http://img190.imageshack.**/img190/8173/modular.jpg

Also Paia Fatman, Ensoniq ESQ1, Yamaha TX-7, plenty of VSTs and in the cheeze dept. Casio MT-100, Yamaha PSR-70, Roland TR-626 and a dying Moog Satellite which was sacrificed for its j-wire keyboard. Used to have a SidStation, sold it when prices were outrageous and still regretting it. Trombone and a flute, too (can't play the flute). Sold all my guitars, bass and some fx pedals when cash was tight, still have a couple decent acoustics and a mandolin. Also a horrible Acrosonic piano often used for experiments and a Fender Rhodes MkI Stage 88 undergoing never ending restoration. As for tidbits, there's a toy piano, ancient tube oscillator, DIY things, ocarina, pennywhistles, various percussion, harmonicas.. Just a lot of synths and random stuff.

Edit: The patch in the pic is a train whistle used for a cover of Telex- Moskow Diskow

Last edited:
Great story!

It almost looks like a Carvin or a Beltone..Silvertone, maybe. Both companies' guitars were made by Teisco of Japan, as were guitars by Del Ray, Kingston, Silverton, Kimberly, etc etc.

Check out the headstock on this Carvin, made by Teisco:
66-1906bass-large.jpg

Thanks for that! That is very similar. There apparently was a name plate on the headstock, but when he pulled it apart to respray it, he lost it.
From the impression of where it used to be, it was a elongated diamond shape.

Synthesizers.com modular, 14 modules currently. And that's an Oberheim Matrix 6 on top with the broken key which is acting up (hence the usage as a shelf).
http://img190.imageshack.**/img190/8173/modular.jpg

Also Paia Fatman, Ensoniq ESQ1, Yamaha TX-7, plenty of VSTs and in the cheeze dept. Casio MT-100, Yamaha PSR-70, Roland TR-626 and a dying Moog Satellite which was sacrificed for its j-wire keyboard. Used to have a SidStation, sold it when prices were outrageous and still regretting it. Trombone and a flute, too (can't play the flute). Sold all my guitars, bass and some fx pedals when cash was tight, still have a couple decent acoustics and a mandolin. Also a horrible Acrosonic piano often used for experiments and a Fender Rhodes MkI Stage 88 undergoing never ending restoration. As for tidbits, there's a toy piano, ancient tube oscillator, DIY things, ocarina, pennywhistles, various percussion, harmonicas.. Just a lot of synths and random stuff.

Edit: The patch in the pic is a train whistle used for a cover of Telex- Moskow Diskow

Wow, people still use actual modular synths? I couldn't be bothered to trace the hundreds of chords around the board, really. I'd go nuts if I had to.
VST modulars FTW.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but I imagine it must be a pain in the butt when you're lacking 'that one module'.

This thread has inspired me to put some effort into learning how to play my guitar...again. I've tried a few times over the years but after a while I seem to lose interest. Hopefully this time that won't happen. Right now my fingers are hurting from learning 9 chords this weekend and I'd say I'm doing a pretty good job especially switching between then because that was always my weak point.

Maybe setting aside 15-20 minutes every day will help keep me into it.

Needs moar bassss.
MIM fender jazz bass with mericuh fuck yeah chrome covers and mericuh fuck yeah chrome vintage bridge. and some ernie ball flatwound strings.
And im selling it >.>
3md3oc3p85O25Q05Sa9886ce0e0ac1cb3115a.jpg

Whoa, so many musicians here... I'd like to learn how to play the piano, but I'm just too damn lazy. (and I don't actually have a piano, which makes things harder)

Wow, people still use actual modular synths? I couldn't be bothered to trace the hundreds of chords around the board, really. I'd go nuts if I had to.
VST modulars FTW.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but I imagine it must be a pain in the butt when you're lacking 'that one module'.

Well... hundreds... the system isn't that big! The flexibility it affords compared to a hardwired synth is invaluable. Mine in particular has about as many components as a Minimoog (minus the 3rd oscillator) but it's orders of magnitude more powerful. And when I get a transistor ladder filter, it'll sound as close to a Moog Modular as anything (there's always that one module. It never ends)

I'm definitely a huge fan of many, many digital synths, but.. FTW, analog modular : VST modular :: Lamborghini : cheapskate alternative. If you want patch recall (and have about $20k), Buchla 200e!

I have a second hand Clarinet that i'd love to sell. Anyone here after a clarinet? Its in very good condition, original receipts, with stand.
Make an offer!

Cheers!

..I know its not a guitar, but hey.

I have a second hand Clarinet that i'd love to sell. Anyone here after a clarinet? Its in very good condition, original receipts, with stand.
Make an offer!

Cheers!

..I know its not a guitar, but hey.

How much? Edit: Should read closer.. What's the brand?

Last edited:
MOAR BASSES!

playmate.jpg

Just showed up today, Fender Victor Bailey 4 string Acoustic.

After being an only child for 15 years, my Jazz has a friend to play with again.

Last edited:
I want Warmoth to bring back their mockingbird-style bodies. They got rid of them a while ago. They had them on a Monday, and when I poulled out the CC to order on Tuesday, they were gone.

^If you find someone annoying DON'T play in a band with him. Go get yourself your own thing instead.
Things WILL end badly...

alpha-big.jpg

This thing both amazes and scares me. Bonus points for anyone who knows what it is. ;)