The Musical Instruments Thread

Retarded, aka. eigenharp. I'll take my bonus points in the form of special brownies plox.

Retarded, aka. eigenharp. I'll take my bonus points in the form of special brownies plox.

Correct! Now, I just need 3 forms of valid ID, a mailing address and the Stig's teeth to get you those brownies. :)

I have no idea how one even goes about making music with that thing. It is completely baffling to me.

Yay music! I'm practicing up for a musical I'm doing in February. (High Fidelity)

Here's what my kit basically looks like, I change things around from time to time and this is an old picture, I've since done away with the crappy Pulse pedals and got myself some Iron Cobras. :D It's a Peavey, actually a pretty decent kit once you get it tuned up properly. Mostly crappy cymbals aside from my Zidjian A Series 20" ride and my 10" A Custom splash. Oh, can't forget the 14" New Beats. Those hats are like butter. Musical butter that is.

12.jpg

And this is what I practice on most of the time... Roland TD-6

img255.jpg

And of course my trumpet. Benge, with a Yamaha silent brass system. Great for practicing.

0708091906.jpg

Reactions: LP
nice an instrument thread! if been playing guitar for a couple of years on this basic combo:

Epiphone les paul (in black with gold hardware):
epiphone-les-paul-custom.jpg

and a roland 20x amp (really good amp for the price and size! can recommend it to anybody!)
Cube%2020x.jpg

Blackbird Guitars releases the Ferrari Rider Carbon Fiber Travel Guitar
Inspired by the technology, style, and spirit of the famed Italian "supercar" manufacturer, Blackbird Guitars' brings you the limited-edition Ferrari-branded "Rider". The ultra-rare Ferrari Blackbird guitars were sold at Ferrari Stores worldwide and signed by F1 drivers Philipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen. Based on Blackbird Guitars' high-performance Rider travel guitar, it is the first instrument fit for the Ferrari namesake.

Like Ferrari, it is a study in superlatives?among the most resonant, durable and lightest guitars in the world. The Rider travel guitar is compact enough to fit in the trunk of a sports car, but it plays and sounds like a much bigger instrument. It looks like nothing else on the market: sleek, black carbon fiber speaks to the high-tech materials and construction while the exclusive Maranello Red interior, accented red A string, and Ferrari Scuderia emblem highlights the passion of world-class Italian motoring.

Blackbird Guitars blends traditional guitar-making with design and construction inspired by Formula 1 race cars. The guitar features a one-piece, hollow neck, carbon fiber construction?and a unique sound port at the head directly influenced by F1 race car design. The high-performance Ferrari pedigree is more than just show?designer and Blackbird founder Joe Luttwak worked for the storied car manufacturer in Maranello, Italy.

This experience laid the foundation for this thoroughbred of a guitar, inspired by Ferrari's unque commitment to technology, style, and performance. "Great acoustic guitar construction, like great race car construction, benefits from stiff and ultra light materials. Using carbon fiber, like Ferrari's Formula 1 race cars, for the guitar's uni-body design produces an instrument that sounds better and is much more durable than any travel guitar available today. Many ideas for Blackbird Guitar's models were inspired by my time at Ferrari, and it's wonderful to make a model that honors their unparalleled technology, ingenuity and success."

All Blackbird Rider models are built for the road with a virtually indestructible carbon-fiber body that is less than two-thirds the size of a standard acoustic, but has nearly an equivalent tone?so players no longer need to compromise tone for portability. Each Blackbird Rider is beautifully hand-crafted, with the carbon fiber expertly constructed to balance tone, weight and strength.

The first run of the exlusive Ferrari guitar series is now sold out, but Blackbird Guitars is accepting special, custom orders on the Rider model. Blackbird Guitars are made in San Francisco by a small team of luthiers by the Bay. The world's best travel guitars, the Rider steel and Rider Nylon, now start at $1499. The Blackbird family also includes the larger Super OM.

For more information, please visit www.blackbirdguitars.com
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2009/11/20/ferrari2.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2009/11/20/ferrari1.jpg
http://www.guitarsite.com/news/elec...the_ferrari_rider_carbon_fiber_travel_guitar/

Sweet! Finally a musical instruments thread. I've been playing guitar for some 5 years now. Here's my electro-acoustic Fender DG-10CE.
IMG_0553.jpg

Anybody here that can give us some advice on guitar strings?

I don't understand why anyone would design a headstock like that, with the strings almost touching and looking ugly. Come on guys, taper it a bit. This is how acoustic headstocks should look

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2009/11/20/CRW_1149e.jpg

I <3 my very reasonably priced takky

my dream guitar is the Les Paul obviously, but since i can't purchase such thing, i've bought an acoustic guitar instead:

Fender DG-5BLK

90e0c920a5fd63d08c26a335105d03cb.jpg

I have these beauties:

40967_l.jpg
with seymour duncan hotrails and a roller nut.
ESGSEBCH1.JPG
With a big neon orange Southwest Airlines fragile sticker on it.
Also a marshall 25W solid state amp.
Looking to pick this up:
harmonium-mks-spl-1.jpg

I play a clarinet, but mainly the bass variety (bass clarinet) for about five years now.

YCL_221_II.jpg

I hope I can acquire its bigger brother someday, the granddaddy of all clarinets (pictured on the very right)

Clarinet-Family.gif

I've also learned to play the bagpipes over a period of a few weeks but just barely.. It's a very difficult instrument to play ugh

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay