Jalopnik: The mystery of a ghost BMW dealership

Strelok16

Car(s)
'69 Mustang project, '92 Buick Retiree-gal
Remember that abandoned dealership filled with early 60's (I think) US Steel? Well it looks like in Canada, one filled with 80's BMWs has been discovered:

citation-bmw-top_2.jpg

Jalopnik said:
In the small town of Oakville, Ontario there sits a BMW dealership, abandoned for almost a decade. Inside the doors sit, frozen in time, two 20-year-old BMWs in seemingly mint condition. What happened?

In the showroom you'll find an E24 and 635csi BMW in absolute mint condition. Well, mint may be the wrong word to use as the rubbers have probably given away and the gasoline has made a mess of things inside the mechanical bits. ?Unused' may be a better word to describe these twenty-three year old cars. Especially the 635csi, which apparently only has double digit kilometers on the odometer. Also note the typical 1980's showroom interior furnishings, architecture, and design.

But that's not the only interesting find in the building.

Around the back you'll find the shop, which, same as the showroom, has remained completely untouched. Frozen in time and packed with BMWs. From one BMW forumite's account who's had the privilege of visiting the dealership we can conclude with a certain degree of confidence that another mint black 635csi rests inside.

citation-bmw-004.jpg

citation-bmw-005.jpg

citation-bmw-008.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/5829911/the-mystery-of-a-ghost-bmw-dealership

"an E24 and a 635CSi" :p The 635CSi is an E24, the other car is an E28.

I must have it all! Building, cars, furniture, everything!

Except that white E24. As much as I love the old 6er, that white trip on the headlights and grille really kill it.

Reminds me of fallout somehow.

This does have a very Chernobyl/natural disaster aspect to it.

It would be great to get more picture of the service area and also the underground area they mentioned in the second article.

More importantly, how much can I get that 635 for?

Screw the 6-Series, I want that E28

I want to know whats in the underground lot.

I love these sort of finds, it's all very mysterious and exciting, reminds me a bit of Portal 2 actually.

I want to know whats in the underground lot.

A bunch of M1s apparently. It does beggar the question, why didn't this guy offload the inventory as quickly as he could? It only makes sense, although in hindsight, those M1s might be worth quite a bit now.

Heh, I love the old ads!

Poor unloved BMWs, though. :( I don't care what this dude says, letting them sit and not driving or maintaining them is neglect, not love. What a moron. You have a bunch of pretty BMWs. Go play with them!

A bunch of M1s apparently. It does beggar the question, why didn't this guy offload the inventory as quickly as he could? It only makes sense, although in hindsight, those M1s might be worth quite a bit now.

Where did you read that? I haven't seen mention of any M1s.