The new EU constitution

viilaaja@pt cruiser said:
I ain't paying any taxes, because i have no income :thumbsup:

Income is not the only thing that is taxed you know. It's only the most obvious one. You pay taxes when you buy food, go to a massage or have a trip to your local ski resort. So you do pay taxes, actually pretty damn much :)

I am happy to pay my own taxes and it indeed is a priviledge to live in Finland. Taxes are good because it equalizes people and prevents things happening like in USA where theres a big canyon between the rich and the poor.

static said:
viilaaja@pt cruiser said:
I ain't paying any taxes, because i have no income :thumbsup:

Income is not the only thing that is taxed you know. It's only the most obvious one. You pay taxes when you buy food, go to a massage or have a trip to your local ski resort. So you do pay taxes, actually pretty damn much :)

I am happy to pay my own taxes and it indeed is a priviledge to live in Finland. Taxes are good because it equalizes people and prevents things happening like in USA where theres a big canyon between the rich and the poor.

ok i pay taxes, so everyhting isn't free, who cares. as long there's the internet, mitsubishi and place to sleep i am ok.

Roland said:
They seriously want to regulate by law that a certain percentage of all the movies shown on tv are european. Name one, JUST ONE, good reason why EU should do that kind of things.

I didn't say everything the EU does is good :)
For one, i also think it's quite a strange idea, but than again, i'm sure they know what they're doing. It's quite logical they want to support european film makers. I didn't say i agree!

After all, we live in democracies, where the majority rules (except in Britain of course :p , just joking). And of course 45% of a population can be against something, and that's a lot, but you have to have a system that's livable. If you have to get a consensus about everything everytime...we would still live in the stone age. ;-)

But of course, i'm only one of the 6.000.000.000 people on this planet.

jensked said:
Roland said:
They seriously want to regulate by law that a certain percentage of all the movies shown on tv are european. Name one, JUST ONE, good reason why EU should do that kind of things.

I didn't say everything the EU does is good :)
For one, i also think it's quite a strange idea, but than again, i'm sure they know what they're doing. It's quite logical they want to support european film makers. I didn't say i agree!

After all, we live in democracies, where the majority rules (except in Britain of course :p , just joking). And of course 45% of a population can be against something, and that's a lot, but you have to have a system that's livable. If you have to get a consensus about everything everytime...we would still live in the stone age. ;-)

But of course, i'm only one of the 6.000.000.000 people on this planet.

My examples was to show what the EU now does with their power. I'm just worried what happens when we given them even more of it. I think the EU really is great, but it has unfortunatly got more power than nessesary. Instead of giving them more power we should give them less.

Sorry for bumping but it looks like the Netherlands are going to vote NO.
So far it's 27% YES and 58% No.

That's only 38% of the population right now, but they said most of the people who are not sure IF they are gonna vote are voting NO anyway.

Haha, have you read the little folder they sent? It's crap, I read it but just because all those political people want it SO bad, makes me wanna say NO just because of that.

Something fishy..

We vote now...and after that we will never be asked again..

Yeah, that struck me as strange too. I myself haven't read the pamphlet, but have heard the other stuff. And the main politicians are being very one sided about everything. Putting more focus on the way they want us to vote (vote yes).

You shouldn't complain. We can't vote for matters regarding the EU at all. Well, indirect we can but we don't have any parties who would oppose anything big coming from bruxelles.

Kip_6666 said:
Yeah, that struck me as strange too. I myself haven't read the pamphlet, but have heard the other stuff. And the main politicians are being very one sided about everything. Putting more focus on the way they want us to vote (vote yes).

Yeah the perfect example is that ad they show everywhere..

"Know why to vote YES"...

That would imply you should vote yes... :thumbsdown:

The ministers (sp) are really desparate, in their lunchtime they'll hit the streets to convince people..