The "New Toys" Thread

You have a lot more air going out than in. I know this doesn't make sense, but i'd turn the top fan to push air into the case. Overpressure in the case prevents a lot of the small dust particles you seem to be having residing inside your case.

...with the side effect of slightly compromised cooling. Negative pressure is best for cooling, positive is best for minimizing dust.

Now I have a CPU temp issue. 81c idle. Time to tear 'er down and see what's going on. Hope my pump didn't die.

Edit: Fixed, accidentally unplugged the usb that powers my AIO cooler.

For reference, at 4.8 and 1.38vcore, I get about 55 idle 76 load with a 240mm AIO water cooler. It's hot, but been running stable at that for 2 years now.

Last edited:
My razer imperator first had double clicking symptoms, and now today it stopped moving for 2 sec randomly while using it.

So i joined to the Glorious Mx Master -race!

next to my old razer

And it worked for 6hours then stopped moving, tested the mice on other pc and tablet via bt.
buttons worked perfectly, but the mouse just would not move at all :(

So today i warranty replace it D:

and still love the feel of the mouse :3

You only tested via bluetooth, not with the unifying receiver?

I had issues with bluetooth until I remove the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the device manager.

You only tested via bluetooth, not with the unifying receiver?

I had issues with bluetooth until I remove the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the device manager.

if my desktop would have bt i would use that, but it was detected and showing firmware in the unifying software and such, just the mouse didn't move when i moved the mouse.

I received my new trolldevice!

MYA18mm.jpg

Yesterday I received the band I wanted for it from China, and true to Chinese quality they shipped the wrong size. So it's useless to me and worthless on the second hand market since the watch is not in stores in Winland yet.

Last edited:
Why does it have two clocks?

Also, considering a GoPro 3+ Black. There's one for sale for 300 euro near me. Worth it?

Why does it have two clocks?

It's configurable, you can put any widget in the top left corner. That's the default widget (world clock, which is displaying the time at our capital = the same time in this case).

Why is it the default? Because it's the mickey mouse clockface, it's not supposed to make sense I guess.

Why do I have it on default? Because I've only used that clockface for the time it took to shoot that photo...

TS-651 on Sale.
Now, 3TB or 4TB drives. 3TB are the sweet spot atm for $ vs GB. But you know, epenis.

3tb is just wrong. Everything computer related goes by powers of 2. And every next step is double the last one. So 2 and 4 TB work, 3 does not.

How are you finding it? I would quite like one.

Pretty good wrist-mounted notifications device. Much more polished than my Sony Smartwatch 2. Easy to initially set up and sync with the phone, but Android watches are also easy.

Notifications go away from the phone reliably when dismissed from the watch. Unlocking with TouchID works well. Remotely run apps and widgets depending on phone/LTE data are much faster than the reviews would have you believe. Sharp and bright display. Display auto-turn-on is waaaay more reliable than on the previous watch, works 80-90 % of the time. But doesn't work at all if watch is in a vertical orientation (think about it: it does happen occasionally).

Way better battery life than expected (widely publicized one day battery life, but I've finished 18 hour days with half a battery left). Wireless charging makes battery life a non-issue because I might as well place the watch in the charger when I take it off at the end of the day.

Rounded edges of the display are nice to perform swipes on. Stock wristband is surprisingly comfortable (almost velvet-like) and feels sturdy despite being the cheap one, but it does look crappy from a distance. Crown is a novelty and I only use it to scroll through long e-mails and such. Force press is pretty much pointless and has the problem that everyone correctly points out: you never know when force press is or is not supposed to do something.

Speaking of long e-mails, the layout looks horrible (read: layout and formatting not interpreted at all).

"Taptic engine" or whatever is weak. I have to enable the "prominent haptic" notifications which is a buzz, tap tap, buzz. Otherwise I miss notifications even with the tapping on full power.

Connection to phone is not as strong as it was from the Sony Xperia to the Sony Smartwatch. Probably close to half the strength, enough to not have the range from my PC table to the kitchen or bedroom (anecdotal real world example). Also the Apple Watch has no notification for "disconnected" or "re-connected", only a red symbol if you look at the watch.

Has a bunch of Apple-like features that I will never use, e.g. constant heart rate monitoring (every 30 mins), lifestyle and excercise monitoring, hardware people-button, ability to make calls from the watch, sending heartbeats or scribbles (lol), etc..

Very expensive for a smartwatch. Presumably very short timespan for this generation (most likely seeing a gen 2 in Q3/2015 or Q1/2016). Also presumably gen 1 is going to feel ancient when the polished gen 2 comes out.

Last edited:
And of course this talk couldn't have come two weeks ago when I bought a 3.0 TB green.

Oddly enough, it was the 5-year old 1TB Samsung that gave up the ghost recently