The "New Toys" Thread

Google "Tiny Whoop" for extensive info, the build is currently very hyped in the FPV scene :)

Basically, what you need is the following:

- Quad: Blade Inductrix (BNF version if you already have a Spektrum-compatible RC remote; otherwise RTF, that comes version with its own cheap-ish remote) - available from Amazon or any other online store
- Camera/VTX combo: either Quanum Elite TX from Hobbyking (also check EU/US warehouses to find availability closest to you), or the FX797T combo from Banggood (also available from some local resellers on eBay)
- Some sort of video display or FPV goggles - Fatshark or Headplay goggles highly recommended but expensive, cheaper display or DIY goggle options are available at Hobbyking, Banggood and others
- Circular polarized antenna for the display/goggles (right-hand polarized) - e.g. Fatshark Spironet (available from both HK and BG)

You'll also want some larger batteries. The Inductrix only comes with one 150mAh battery that only flies for ~2 minutes with the FPV cam installed. Mylipo.de 205mAh cells are much better, allowing for some ~4 minutes flight on a charge, and you'll want several :)

Other optional upgrades include better motors (MicroMotorWarehouse CL-0615-14 highly recommended) and a 3d printed angled mount for the camera (search for "Tiny Whoop" on Thingiverse).

On cost: the Inductrix is ?60 RTF, camera/VTX is ~?40. Cheapest display with a built-in receiver and battery will run about ~?80-100. And you'll want to spend at least ?10 on two Mylipo batteries. So ?200+ total.

Last edited:
Upgraded my powerline adapters today to a set of Netgear PL1200s:

NA%20PL1200_NA_Hero_Transparent.png

Now getting full speed internets upstairs. :)

5409337487.png

What kind of transfer speeds are you able to get with those?

4 of these:

To be able to charge this:

I'm guessing one for the living room, one for the bedroom, one for work and one for the car? :dunno:

4 of these:

To be able to charge this:

You do know that you must use OP's cable and wall/car plugs in order for Dash quick charging to work right?

Why do you need 4?

I'm guessing one for the living room, one for the bedroom, one for work and one for the car? :dunno:

Very close.

One for the car, one for the bedroom, one for the dock at work, and one in my work backpack. The living room will use the Dash cable and charger that comes with the phone and that provide quick charging capabilities.

You do know that you must use OP's cable and wall/car plugs in order for Dash quick charging to work right?

Yes, but regular charging should be enough in most situation, and 4x5.99$ is a lot easier to stomach than 4x22$ (and I don't think the dash compatible cable would provide any benefit unless it was connected to a dash car or home charger, so to actually get dash capability in those 4 extra places would cost me 39.95$ (car charger) + 3x 46.45$, so 179.30$.

Last edited:
Yes, but regular charging should be enough in most situation, and 4x5.99$ is a lot easier to stomach than 4x22$ (and I don't think the dash compatible cable would provide any benefit unless it was connected to a dash car or home charger, so to actually get dash capability in those 4 extra places would cost me 39.95$ (car charger) + 3x 46.45$, so 179.30$.

Gotcha! For me, finding out the limitations was kinda a turnoff. I need a longer cable than what they were offering for my bedroom charger.

I could get away with having the dash charger and cable only at work, where I need it the most.....eh who am I kidding, I am gonna hold out for the Nexus and iPhone announcements before I jump into the buying pool.

If someone doesn't post about getting a GTX 1080 on this page I will be very disappoint.

"only" 830? here. I'd probably buy a whole new rig for that kind of monies

According to pricehunting websites the cheapest one which is available (not "ordered") in Germany is 735 Euros.

Waiting for the 1080ti here. Upgrade from 980SLI to 1080 would basically be just a cooler upgrade and elimination of SLI, not enough to justify the cost. (799,90? for the Strix, 809,90? for MSI TwinFrozer one)

Last edited:
RX 480 benchmarks soon.

giphy.gif

If someone doesn't post about getting a GTX 1080 on this page I will be very disappoint.

One of the guys at work convinced the company to buy one for his 3D modelling/rendering work so I got to handle one last Friday. Needless to say it was very nice but I'll never be able to compare its performance because strangely enough they don't want him to be playing games with it. :D

You totally need to find a new-old-stock B&W Zeppelin.

32650954-2-440-OVR-1.gif