The "New Toys" Thread

Tw9EUv7.jpg

Because the old adapter couldn't handle 5ghz networks.

Tw9EUv7.jpg

Because the old adapter couldn't handle 5ghz networks.

I have this network card. Beyond the cool gold and red color scheme, it's legit. I love it.

I have this network card. Beyond the cool gold and red colour scheme, it's legit. I love it.

Yup works well. I had an Asus adapter before as well and maybe because of that I didn't have any issues with drivers. Windows didn't even look for drivers.

At least it matches the colour of my RAM :lol:

Nexus 5X - now that I have a use for NFC (no, I won't pay with it)...

In the future I might be understandable through the phone, everybody complains about the bad quality of my ancient (but rugged and with long battery life) dumbphone. :D Most of you will call me crazy, but I guess I'll get at least 5 days of battery life from that thing - My work iPhone SE which has a 1624 mAh battery instead of a 2700 mAh battery sits currently at 22% and I charged it last Friday. That said, mobile data is off 95% of the time, I don't play games, have WhatsApp or whatnot...

Comparing the battery capacity between android and iphones usually is a huge disappointment to the android user... if you get the same sort of standby time from that nexus compared to your iphone, you can be very very happy with that.

20150902021416_75420.jpg

is good.

EDIT: Also this:

GMMKBRN_13.jpg

As well as some Gateron green switches to swap into it. While I can say for sure that I prefer green switches over brown, there is a small but noticeable drop in quality coming from Cherry switches. Maybe if I manage to find Cherry greens with clear bodies I'll get a set, but I think I'd rather just keep this as is until I can find the perfect keyboard.

Last edited:
gsr-18-2-li-plus-38480-hires-png-rgb-196735.png

Kit with 2 2.0Ah batteries and charger to replace my old and busted premium Chinesium Einhell.

Skookum choocher!

Oneplus 3T 128GB and a Spigen Neo Hybrid case for it. The phone itself arrived last week but I've been really hesitant in taking it outside of the apartment. It's just way too thin and slippery for my liking, not really confidence inspiring. Well, the case finally arrived today from the UK and it makes the phone so much more better to hold in your hand, besides of all the protection of course.

Spigen Slim Armor kept my LG G2 in almost like new condition for 3 years, I'm hoping these two will perform just as well.

_full.jpg

If they would evere make a Classic Blacberry with a normal modern Android and without their stupid touch screens I would go back to it right a way! Wotking with emails and text in general with a Blackberry is better that any other device.

The problem was their cameras and the stupid OS and some other stupid issues that I dont remember now. I remembered! They were crap on internet, browsing was like on 1995 dial-up, no support for Google maps, and their maps were crap and didint work...

I love my Blackberry Classic, its the best phone I ever had, but Whatsapp will no longer support Blackberry OS from 1/1-17 so I had to get a Android phone, there was only one option, the Blackberry Priv, so far I like it a lot.

maxresdefault.jpg

blackberry-priv-att.jpg

Last edited:
The problem was their cameras and the stupid OS and some other stupid issues that I dont remember now. I remembered! They were crap on internet, browsing was like on 1995 dial-up, no support for Google maps, and their maps were crap and didint work...

Their problem is just that they completely missed the modern smartphone train by not (properly) implementing a touchscreen only device. They kept on using that stupid keyboard for too long.
Blackberries are for old business men, and Obama.

And by not having a proper app store with plenty of apps which include facesbook and all the Google stuff can be a big bummer too. Just look at Windows Phone.

The new wave of kids wanted something hip and modern. And Apple gave them just that, and later a plethora of manufacturers with android.

Not to mention when the network went down. At least twice.

No bueno. That rubbed a loooooot or people the wrong way.

New cooler for the Haswell-E furnace! Corsair H110i which happened to be on a pretty good sale.

BSyBCNe.jpg

Started here:

jIMEpfy.jpg

Moved top fan to front, that way I have 2x 14cm inlet fans. Radiator mounted to the ceiling, double 14cm fans in push configuration, so they are technically exhaust fans. Finally, 1 slow turning 15cm Noctua from the D15 mounted to the rear as an exhaust. I also took out the HDD cages since they house no drives and just obscruct airflow.

End result:

z0mY9V6.jpg

With cold cathode:

D57NxWq.jpg

Corsair Link showing H110i and 1200i device stuff:

JOy19mA.png

I shed about 11 degrees off CPU max temps compared to the D15.

Last edited:
Now you need better cooling for the graphics cards. Those 9th gen blowers must be suffering!

It won't be too long till the 1080ti comes out, once it does I'll get an EVGA 1080ti FTW hybrid to replace these.

Huawei P8 lite for the mrs.
Super quick, don't really like the Android skin but the missus seems happy with it so far

IMG_20161217_203414649.jpg

Got a new EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 - 6GB and my old LCD monitor died so i got an ACER 27" IPS 1440P monitor. Will edit in pictures laters.

But god damn, the optimal settings for some games with the 1060 is to render in 4k and downsample to 1440p for teh lulz.

Are you getting fairly high framerates? Above a certain point, i'd be OK with giving up some FPS since, and I know *I* can't explain it, down-sampled 4K *does* look better someimes...

If you get down to it, it's just another way of doing ssaa, the easiest, but most resource intensive form of AA.