The "New Toys" Thread

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
Depends on the design I think, they can even really be on a hydraulic lift.

One of the definitions is "the passenger compartment of an elevator, cableway, airship, or balloon." so really it's just a passenger enclosure.

Jupix

prizrak;n3549052 said:
Ewww AMD, couldn't get a real CPU?
That depends on your definition of real, but if you're referring to Intel, I have 3x i7's in my house already :)

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
2007 Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
I'm thinking about the 2700x for my upgrade. It's a very potent CPU, especially if you're streaming while gaming.

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
MX-5 NC
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com\/images\/I\/41%2BuXnWmb%2BL.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/6huvCUxl.jpg"}[/IMG2]

These two allow me to use my work laptop and private desktop fully interchangeably at home:

- Three monitors are all connected via DP to the desktop and now via HDMI to the laptop: one directly and two more via the above USB-C to double HDMI splitter. The splitter uses DisplayPort alternate mode with MST (multi-stream), so the screens are all independent and not mirrored.
- All peripheral hardware is plugged into the Anker hub, which is independently powered.
- Both computers have a USB A-B cable going to the hub, with only one B-end plugged into the hub at a time.

This allows to simply plug the correct B connector into the hub and power up either of the computers, and I have my full desktop setup to work with. Takes seconds to switch between the two. Much better than my previous setup (monitors split between the two computers and using Synergy to move the mouse between them), basically now I'll barely ever use the desktop again and mostly work and game with the uber-powerful Dell Precision so helpfully provided by my employer :)

Last edited:

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
I'm totally joking obviously, starting from "real cpu" obviously. It has been my experience as of late that computers are beyond overpowered for about 99% of daily tasks.

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A7, Ford Fiesta Van, Honda NM4 Vultus
so i got some new hd's for my nas;

and this is the size difference in the nas control panel when 1 drive is swapped and raid is rebuilding:

(currently 2h 15min in its at 0% done)

Adamar

Viswijf
Car(s)
Volvo C30 DRIVe (2011), BMW F700GS (2014)
So jelly.

This week i got notice that my disk 5 has 15 bad sectors. :(

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
2007 Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
One of my screens broke and instead of just replacing it I decided on an upgrade.

Dell u2715h

27" 2560x1440@60Hz
91% CIE1976, 99% sRGB with an average Delta E of < 3

Coming from a base spec 1080p screen this is such a revelation...