The "New Toys" Thread

^ That isn't the same size as a Nano! I found it way too small. So I bought an iPod video.

Yeah, I meant as far as the screen and width of the player. The nano is taller, but thinner.

Overall, I like the size of it, features, price, and the sound quality is better than an iPod.

Last edited:
Someone liked mine so much, they stole it.

That sucks dude. Mp3 players, especially iPods, are like the most sought after thing by thieves, even to the point of killing for them.

^
Those looks fantastic, and Technics is a good brand right?

Today i got myself these:
Sennheiser PC-160 SK

00d6f51f0c036acc6a50f7178bc92e80.jpg

After using 10 euros headsets for several years I've decided to invest in some proper ones, lets hope the mic lasts more than 3 months this time :)

It lasted 5 months, then the right ear thing broke! :|

Sent it too sennheiser about two weeks ago, and got this today in the mail:

233584.jpg

A sennheiser pc161, neat of them to send a new one.

Now only to hope this one lasts a bit longer :)

I love Sennheiser to death but I must admit that they all tend to break sooner or later. I think this is my 4th Sennheiser over the last seven years. All before died from broken cords.

dusty already, eh?

I love Sennheiser to death but I must admit that they all tend to break sooner or later. I think this is my 4th Sennheiser over the last seven years. All before died from broken cords.

As did my headphones.

You bought cheap Sennheisers then :)
I had mine for over 6 years (I think) and nothing ever went wrong, except slightly dirty earpads which are impossible to clean.

Broken cords (for some reason it's always the leftside :blink: ), I know the issue way to well.
That's the reason why I bought a Sennheiser HD497, wich has detachable cords, so now I can simply order a new cord in stead of buying a new headset each time.

Latest purchase: PS3

That's the reason why I bought a Sennheiser HD497, wich has detachable cords, so now I can simply order a new cord in stead of buying a new headset each time.

Even if they have detachable cord they still screw you over with tiny connectors instead of the regular stuff that you can buy everywhere.

You bought cheap Sennheisers then :)
I had mine for over 6 years (I think) and nothing ever went wrong, except slightly dirty earpads which are impossible to clean.

Okay, I abused mine a lot. Rolling over them with my chair etc. Still, the most expensive Sennheisers I ever bought had the shittiest cords. One single line/detachable. Those were an excemption since first the left ear failed and then the cord broke. ;)

I had the $50 ones. Even though they aren't supposed to be grados or anything, you'd figure that they could make a decent cord for fifty bucks.

Just did some shopping.

ASUS P5B Deluxe and a Core2Duo E6600.
The rest will arrive next week. Stay tuned. :p

Quite a leap from what I'm using right now. A A642800+ with 512MB Ram and a ATI Radeon 9500 with a defunct fan.

http://img405.imageshack.**/img405/498/yayct8.jpg

Sennheiser headphones are nice, but I find you need a good amp to use the phone's full potential. With the Sennheiser HD series, a nice amp, and some classical music, that's the closest thing you can get to a live performance.

Congrats Swek :)

thought i would post my newest tech purchase

my old TV was past its sell by date, so i got this instead. its a 19" LCD monitor/TV, made by Samsung, of course. it's HD ready, so great for using my 360 with. its normally in my room connected to my 360 and freeview box, but today i thought i'd try it as a monitor. i don't have a DVI cable, so no hi-def atm :( but it's really good for browsing and watching videos. LFS looks incredible too :)

http://img145.imageshack.**/img145/3865/pict1575xs7.jpg

Ehrm, why would you need a DVI cable on a monitor to get higher resolutions? A VGA cable does exactly the same.

Dude, Intel has announced price cuts after 4/22, you should have waited :-?

No, the priced dropped by 50? ocer the last month alone. Intel won't have the massive price drop they talked about earlier. They decided to slowly go down with it.