The "New Toys" Thread

D-Link and Linksys are both shit. Not because of the hardware, but because of the software, and drivers they write. They are bloatware, trialware, and garbage. I'm never buying from either of them.

That's why I use custom firmware ;)

sold the 2gig and got this one

4GBmicroSDHC.jpg

D-Link and Linksys are both shit. Not because of the hardware, but because of the software, and drivers they write. They are bloatware, trialware, and garbage. I'm never buying from either of them.

You are correct for the consumer products from Linksys, which is why i went for a router from their SMB (small and medium business) line of products. They tend to be a LOT better, because businesses generally are a lot harder to please and are a lot more likely to be a pain in the ass when sth fails.

WD_MyBookEssential_sm.jpg

... 5min ago

So i can grab this and run if the feds ever come for me.

Don't forget the power adaptor & plug :drums:

Anyways,

I got sick of all the resident NikoWhores, so had to splash out ....

ACANOCM205110501_001.jpg

ACANOCM205110501_002.jpg

ICABGE2.JPG

Canon off camera hot shoe cord ...
offShoeCord-2.jpg

Hoya 77mm Circ. Pol.
I276948.jpg

Along with the genuine battery, ordered another 3 spares ...
BDI8-BP511.jpg

All in, around ?1200 in total, cheaper than I can buy the body on its own for in the shops here ...

My new toy:
Nokia 6300

img_3768.jpg

Very nice phone. It has everything you need and still it's so thin.

My new toy:
Nokia 6300

Very nice phone. It has everything you need and still it's so thin.

I got one of those as an insurance replacement for my 6234 which died many moons ago. It is a very nice phone and hopefully durable with the largely metal body.

Don't forget the power adaptor & plug :drums:

Anyways,

I got sick of all the resident NikoWhores, so had to splash out ....

Nice new kit there! 30D is a great unit.

...however, I've got to turn back the tide, because I ordered two new Nikon lenses today! Here they are:

104907051.jpg

Yep, those are Nikon lenses in a D&G frame. I see nothing but Nikon these days! :lol: Not an actual image, mine are a brushed gunmetal.

Last edited:
My aunt gave me this:

full

Zyxel prestige 660hw-61
she ended her adsl-line and got her cable, so i had this.

edit 1. I have a-link roadrunner 44 + linksys wrt54gl-eu before, so now i have to decide what to do with this.

Nice, that's a serious chunk of change. $5,800 CAD round these parts. What kind of videos do you do?
Yeah, I got it for $5,100 USD. I still have to get either a P2 card or FireStore for it so I can record DVCPRO HD. I do local commercials and weddings. I also am going to be releasing some some independent projects soon. Next, I'll be ordering a Mac Pro and Final Cut Studio 2 in the next week or so.

That's a really nice piece of kit! Just curious, did you consider other cameras?
At least here, the p2-cards are so hugely expensive, so the quality doesn't justify the cost vs. HDV.

Yep, I considered others but I wanted the HVX because DVCProHD has twice the color information as HDV and I'm going to be doing a lot of color grading in post on my projects. Also, I like the HVX for the rest of its features. But you are right P2 cards are expensive, like $700 for a 8GB card, so I'm considering a FireStore instead.

That's damn nice Mally, I want it bad. The optics on the Panasonic is solid, so is the build and DVCPro output.

A company I've come in contact with (and perhaps will work for soon) just ordered two of these: Red 4k

It does 4k (that's 4x Full HD, or twice the height and twice the width of 1920x1080).

But that's to heavy for normal use, so I'm damn jealous of your P2. Remember to learn proper color-correction/raping and you'll have a winner!

Two Mission M70's and a Pioneer SX-450 receiver. Paid 160 euro for the combination second handed.
Great sound! Speakers are little but offer bigsized sound, receiver is ten years older than I am and delivers only 15 Watts of power, but sounds great, works still fine and goes more than loud enough for my room. Excellent quality for the money. Buying the same quality brand new would have costed me at least the double of that money.

my mom got both our phones at the same time...

she was luckier..
N73 Music Edition
the version here has 2gb memory
b141599.jpg

i got the regular version
b145354.jpg

but since she doesnt need the music ed. stuff, i got the 2gb memory and the headset so i could plug it into my car FTW :D
gonna flash this thing w/ music ed. firmware and add internet ed. apps :)

the 3.2mp camera on this thing is fantastic! even the flash is decent for closeups, although you have to be REALLY still when shooting at night :)

Got this baby a few weeks ago (of course, not in korean)

d2.jpg

so much better and cheaper than an ipod, it's laughable.

Last edited:
my mom got both our phones at the same time...

she was luckier..
N73 Music Edition
the version here has 2gb memory
b141599.jpg

i got the regular version
b145354.jpg

but since she doesnt need the music ed. stuff, i got the 2gb memory and the headset so i could plug it into my car FTW :D
gonna flash this thing w/ music ed. firmware and add internet ed. apps :)

the 3.2mp camera on this thing is fantastic! even the flash is decent for closeups, although you have to be REALLY still when shooting at night :)
Flash it with the new v.4 vanilla firmware. Has all the music features and adds a2dp for wireless bluetooth stereo headsets, i'm using my N73 ME on that firmware with Nokia BH-500. :mrgreen: