The "New Toys" Thread

WD Elements 250GB External HDD:

http://img503.imageshack.**/img503/7197/xl8000032ai6.jpg

I got it for a couple of reasons;

1) We have been looking for a way to back up the family's 3 computers (250GB is fine as we only need to back up the documents section.

2) My computer has metaphorically fallen apart. I have 4 partitions, one of which is 5GB. I was aiming to have Windows on one partition, all programs on another, My documents on another, and the other one was other space which wasn't formatted...

It wouldn't accept all the programs on a separate partition to Windows, as everything needs a part in that, so I had about 40mb left on it. Don't try it yourself. Its very annoying.

I needed to back up my My Documents partition so I can wipe the partitions and start again.

Hey, i have that same GT40!

Bought myself a new keyboard, the old Logitech UltraX was starting to show the fact that it had endured 3 years of abuse on my hands. So i got a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard. I like it thus far.
http://img527.imageshack.**/img527/3996/comfort2000wi5.jpg

I have the same KB!

Only down side so far is that you can't use a certain number of specific buttons at the same time, they stop registering it seems.
But besides that it's a nice keyboard for a simple price.

Ordered this from B & H Wednesday morning:

Nikkor105VR.jpg

That's it, I'm not going to buy any more camera gear anytime soon. Seriously out of dough now.........

Only down side so far is that you can't use a certain number of specific buttons at the same time, they stop registering it seems.

Most KBs go apeshit when you try to press more than 3 buttons simultaneously.

^^ What does the green bit do?

I think its the left, right, up and down buttons. Theres also three thouch sensitive buttons just below the screen to.

That cell phone looks cool!! The screen says Cybershot so I assume it's got a very high quality camera as well?

5mpxl 8)
Some of the shots are pretty impressive, but obviously I wont be ditching my D200 anytime soon! :p

Finally!!

one.jpg

Its on pre-order, so I wont actually have it for a week or so. And I think it wil be the blue version, as im on O2.

Very nice, Ive been waiting for that phone for ages. Unfortunately as I go for Pay As You Go I'll have to fork out a fair bit for it.

Some of the shots are pretty impressive, but obviously I wont be ditching my D200 anytime soon! :p

The D200 is a very nice camera; I had a chance to play with one when I was getting my D40x at the camera store. Too bad the camera was completely beyond my budget; hopefully I'll have some disposable income a few years from now, then I'll get like a D300 or D400.......or maybe by then, a D500 :(

Got this lot delivered today (see My New PC thread below)

NEWPC.JPG

Just waiting for the case now which is on backorder...(i.e. they have fuck all idea when it will arrive...)

P.S. The Quad Core is a Slacker (SLACR), So all is good :)

Last edited:
:lol: Why would you ever need power for 18 optical drives? :lol:

Also, how big is your HDD?

:lol: Why would you ever need power for 18 optical drives? :lol:

Also, how big is your HDD?

3.5 "... (Edit, fcuk, too late)

Actually now you mention it, 18 drives would be a bit excessive, so I only bought one. Nice to know the option is there though if I need it :)

HD is a Seagate 7200.10 500Gb, I know, so small, but I'm used to my Seagate 7200.4 80Gb and I haven't had too many issues. DVD-R gets a good workout once in a while though, not a big deal.

That's it then, Human Defloration Device size sorted! :lol:
Sorry, we're talking about Hard Disc Drives.

If your HDD (using your own definition) is in the region of 3.5" in length, then I pity you, but you never know, I read somewhere that "there is someone for everyone :| "

People people...

Grow up. Please. :lol: