The "New Toys" Thread

Lilleput

Car(s)
Ford S-Max Titanium - 268hp
This just proves my "geeks hate apple even when there is no reason" theory.

The Technical therm is 'Nerd Rage' And studies have found that it originates in an area of the brain called the 'ImSpecial'-Lobe Scientists are still unsure what exactly triggers it but Apple Vs. Everything else, seems to be a wide spread cause.. I think a company just released a medication for it, comes in the form of a big hammer and a sign with 'Douchebag' written on it.

Koenig

How about the lack of features in the iphone? like gprs or umts. or any of the OTHER advanced features found in smart phones?

Yes.....the hate is strong in this one....

AxlxA

Ipods are awesome. I'd buy another one when my curren video 5g breaks. Most likely going to go for the touch.

The display quality is just so good comparing to others i've played with. and there's just an a ss load of accessories for it

Lilleput

Car(s)
Ford S-Max Titanium - 268hp
Ipods are awesome. I'd buy another one when my curren video 5g breaks. Most likely going to go for the touch.

The display quality is just so good comparing to others i've played with. and there's just an a ss load of accessories for it

You just dumped like 60 gallons of fuel on the fire that is Icebone.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Hey, you buy what you want, your money. It's already been pointed out why ipods and iphone suck and if you're still thick enough to buy one, it's your loss. I'm staying the fuck away from that crap.

ahpadt

Forum Addict
Hey, you buy what you want, your money. It's already been pointed out why ipods and iphone suck and if you're still thick enough to buy one, it's your loss. I'm staying the fuck away from that crap.

Yep, that's why you buy a HTC instead. :thumbup:

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2

Each to their own...

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
You stay the fuck away and play around with your Cowon. :rolleyes:

The iPhone does have GPRS/EDGE and plus who would need that with WiFi onboard? Data rates are still outrageous here. 3G is just coming out in North America so the next iPhone will have UMTS already.

Look, the thing is I don't even like the iPhone and do believe it's mostly a fad, but you're just a douchebag when it comes to this discussion as you hate anything Apple just because it is Apple.

Have you ever used a new Mac computer? Do you realize you can own an Apple product without becoming a fanboy such as you are for Cowon? I have a Windows desktop and a MacBook Pro laptop and guess what, I use them both on a regular basis. I get the best of both worlds, while closed-minded geeks like you hate on Apple simply because it's popular among less geeky people.

Give it a fucking rest IceBone...

chilicoke

Car(s)
'07 Honda S2000
The Technical therm is 'Nerd Rage' And studies have found that it originates in an area of the brain called the 'ImSpecial'-Lobe Scientists are still unsure what exactly triggers it but Apple Vs. Everything else, seems to be a wide spread cause.. I think a company just released a medication for it, comes in the form of a big hammer and a sign with 'Douchebag' written on it.
LOL, this post wins :lol:

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
My sister has a severe case of this. She hates iPods with a passion because it's become synonymous with MP3 players (i.e. everyone calls her MP3 player an iPod).

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
^ No, you can't. We've had enough coverage of the one girlfriend of yours, don't need another one.

Vette Boss

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 VR6
I think this whole Apple hating thing is ridiculous, yes iPods have become synonymous with mp3 player and everything else they get called. They saw a trend towards those devices and decided to make one. It almost certainly isn't the best mp3 player, but Apple markets it well. If you market a product well, the uninformed masses will buy it.

Yes, I do think the iPod is overrated. But there are always alternatives, if you don't buy into the whole Apple lifestyle malarkey, get something else.

One thing for sure, the iPhone adverts are very annoying, with that irritating music and the way they make it seem as if you can't live without one.. right.

It's just pointless to go online and complain about it. People who bought an iPod in the first place probably don't a give a toss. ;)