The "New Toys" Thread

I think this whole Apple hating thing is ridiculous, yes iPods have become synonymous with mp3 player and everything else they get called. They saw a trend towards those devices and decided to make one. It almost certainly isn't the best mp3 player, but Apple markets it well. If you market a product well, the uninformed masses will buy it.

Exactly. Apple is the smartest mp3 player manufacturer out there. They market it well and as such, they have a huge chunk of the mp3 market.

if you don't buy into the whole Apple lifestyle malarkey, get something else.

They dont run Apple adverts in Denmark and i still bought both a 3rd 5th and a Touch, and it's not like i got it for the white earbuds so everyone can see how fucking cool i am, i use some shure e2c with a dull black cord. I still think Apple makes the prettiest mp3 players there are both external looks but also their interface, i guess if that matters more than... What does other mp3 players have?... Bluetooth? Fuck sakes people it's a device to play music!

If you still don't know after all the apple-hate threads filled with facts, you deserve to be assraped by them.

They don't play music as efficiently. A normal consumer won't see it and just accept it as the "standard", but ipods are seriously held back, both in codecs and file handling. Not to mention low power output, battery life etc..

They don't play music as efficiently. A normal consumer won't see it and just accept it as the "standard", but ipods are seriously held back, both in codecs and file handling. Not to mention low power output, battery life etc..

Oh FFS, get over yourself and just accept that people like iPods etc because they meet their needs - they play the music well enough, their interface is great, and people like how they look and feel. I, and many others, quite frankly couldn't give two shits about whether the alternatives are technically better - I don't buy items so I can feel superior in a technical discussion, I buy the ones that meets my needs and wants. You choosing another option doesn't make you a superior being, no matter what you may think.

^ Yes, but your need to stick your head into every thread where there's the slightest mention of an iPod / iPhone and turn it into a chance for some Apple bashing is getting very old. And you know something? The more you bash products, the less people will value your opinion - they'll just think you're up to your old tricks again.

Edit: Oh gosh, a neg rep on this post, my world is crumbling.

Last edited:
I don't equate bashing with listing facts. But if you want to call me a douche, be a man enough and do it in public.

Douche.

^ I'm not calling you a douche - just saying your Apple bashing is getting old. It becomes bashing when you won't accept the simple fact that some people aren't interested in a product's supposed technical superiority if their other needs and wants aren't met as well as another, possibly technically inferior product does.

Last edited:
^ Yes, but your need to stick your head into every thread where there's the slightest mention of an iPod / iPhone and turn it into a chance for some Apple bashing is getting very old. And you know something? The more you bash products, the less people will value your opinion - they'll just think you're up to your old tricks again.

Hey fbc, seriously, don't even bother with this guy. He's just another Apple hater, struck with "Nerd Rage", on the internets. I guess this is the only place where they can try to vent some of their ridiculous rage.

IceBone, for an ordinary consumer (not a technological "nerd" like you nor I) the iPod is an absolutely brilliant device. If you say that there are other, better devices then great, thanks for the advice. You told us about them (the Cowans/Samsungs or whatever) but we'll make the decision of what we want, thanks. If your gonna sit there and anally complain about the minute downfalls of the iPod/s, and Apple as a company, then that's just sad. No use trying to convert/persuade us. Most of us have an Apple device which we appreciate and love.

^ That's as stupid as many people's hate towards Ferrari because it's popular and in their views not as good as whatever car they may prefer.

/I've had a similar encounter with another Apple hater, which I'll post later, stay tuned.
//Oh yeah, the iPods/phones look beautiful.
///That being said, I still love you Icey! <3
////
Im calling you a douche..
I saw Icey's pic in the "Post a picture of yourself" Thread. He's a big guy, are you sure? :p

Last edited:
I never commented on their looks, i think they look fabulous, the latest touch and iphone interfaces are very slick and clean.

Gman333-X-ferrari: <3

Hey fbc, seriously, don't even bother with this guy. He's just another Apple hater, struck with "Nerd Rage", on the internets. I guess this is the only place where they can try to vent some of their ridiculous rage.

Ice and I have had this dance before - I know he secretly loves me and this is the only way he can express it :p

MAN-LOVE!

gaydar.jpg

It's a recent repost but apropos after this turn of events. :lol:

MAN-LOVE!

gaydar.jpg

It's a recent repost but apropos after this turn of events. :lol:

ZOMG YOU STOLE MAH PICZAR!!!! PLAGIARISM!!!! MODS/ADMINS!!!!

/That pictures deserves to be used more often, well done. :rofl:

Fat does not equal strength :D

^ lol, OWNED! But, I like my men chunky. :)wicked: @ Icey!)