The "New Toys" Thread

IMG_0784.jpg

OHHHHHH YAAA...

Bought my copy two days ago. I hope to have it maximum in two weeks time!:D

Hope to be able to race you online!!!:p

My new toy: Nikon Coolpix S51c 8.1MP digital camera with Wi-Fi :)

PC210036.JPG

Bought my copy two days ago. I hope to have it maximum in two weeks time!:D

Hope to be able to race you online!!!:p
it's difficult for me to express how impressed I am with Prologue, and I'm usually extremely picky when it comes to racing games.

- If you will be playing with a wheel, make sure you set physics to simulation.
- If you will be racing with a Logitech G25, press triangle at the beginning of each race to enable clutch.

Crysis is pretty on 1600x1200 and all high settings. :shock:

Very pretty, indeed. But so boring... :(

Your life must really suck.. Crysis isnt boring, it's an open realistic world where you decide how to approach situations either as a gun whoreing maniac or a stealthy ninja with a huge scope.. Or you can just go mega strenght and punch people in the ear..

Actually i don't even think you played it (For more than 3min) You just like to cause drama.

And there you go again talking out of your ass. I played it for about 2 hours, got really far, but i got really annoyed with those bloody Koreans being able to take full clips into the head and still being able to shoot back and sneak, sneak, hide and wait for cloak to recharge, sneak sneak, hide and wait for cloak to recharge was more irrititating than fun.

Crysis is pretty on 1600x1200 and all high settings. :shock:

Goddamnit! I want a computer as awesome as yours and not as shit as mine. 2.4GHz single core? 1GB RAM? 512mb AGP GFX? What is this crap!?!:mad: I run Crysis on all Low, 1024x768.

Goddamnit! I want a computer as awesome as yours and not as shit as mine. 2.4GHz single core? 1GB RAM? 512mb AGP GFX? What is this crap!?!:mad: I run Crysis on all Low, 1024x768.

the January sales are your friend :D

you can easily match my spec for about ?300-?350 even with a socket AM2 CPU and DDR2 RAM AFAIK

You're 15, get a part time job maybe? or do some freelance stuff, very good way to make monies :)

matt2000 said:
you can easily match my spec for about ?300-?350 even with a socket AM2 CPU and DDR2 RAM AFAIK

Only ?300-?350 eh? Do you want to give me that money? My next purchase in regards to the computer is another GB of RAM. I'm simply waiting until some stock comes in. Then I do plan to upgrade to PCI-E. A new motherboard with indeed an AM2 socket (I'm on 939 now) but that will mean a new CPU as well. Plus new graphics card equals a lot. DDR2 RAM I'm not too bothered about.

Future plans involve a new monitor and speakers. And a car. Although I don't think that one will happen too quickly.

TechZ said:
You're 15, get a part time job maybe? or do some freelance stuff, very good way to make monies :)

1) I had a paper round, but unusually I got made redundant. Don't ask why.

2) I would get I job, but can't be bothered until I'm 16, because in the UK you can legally get a job at 15, but there is a lot more paperwork involved, so big companies that pay the best don't bother.

3) Freelance in what? I'm pretty bad in photography.

Oh and if you hadn't of guessed. I'm a self confessed pessimist.

Only ?300-?350 eh? Do you want to give me that money? My next purchase in regards to the computer is another GB of RAM. I'm simply waiting until some stock comes in. Then I do plan to upgrade to PCI-E. A new motherboard with indeed an AM2 socket (I'm on 939 now) but that will mean a new CPU as well. Plus new graphics card equals a lot. DDR2 RAM I'm not too bothered about.

Future plans involve a new monitor and speakers. And a car. Although I don't think that one will happen too quickly.

1) I had a paper round, but unusually I got made redundant. Don't ask why.

2) I would get I job, but can't be bothered until I'm 16, because in the UK you can legally get a job at 15, but there is a lot more paperwork involved, so big companies that pay the best don't bother.

3) Freelance in what? I'm pretty bad in photography.

Oh and if you hadn't of guessed. I'm a self confessed pessimist.
Freelance in *anything* you are good at, even cheap-ass webdesign can earn you some $ or in your case ? ;)

It's just a suggestion, cause once you start making some cash you will have that incentive to do a bit more...

New graphics cards!

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/30/3870s.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/30/ASUS8800GT2.jpg

Fans don't look to be the most silent...?

Crossfire/SLi is overrated IMO. Why not get a better single card? Or do you game at like 2048x1536?