The "New Toys" Thread

n82.jpg

Ordered today, should arrive on caturday. <3

Nice! :thumbsup:

Two questions: how much did you pay for it, and can it access shared folders on the network?

Nice! :thumbsup:

Two questions: how much did you pay for it, and can it access shared folders on the network?
Question 1: Paid about 80 USD for it (with a contract renewal)

Question 2: I'll tell you once I get it. :p

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/29/Picture004a.jpg

$10 at Walmart can get you some cool stuff. This little guy is pretty nippy and fun to chase the dog around with. :lol: The best part is I've been playing around with it for a few hours now and it hasn't broken!

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/29/Picture004a.jpg

$10 at Walmart can get you some cool stuff. This little guy is pretty nippy and fun to chase the dog around with. :lol: The best part is I've been playing around with it for a few hours now and it hasn't broken!

is that an acer aspire laptop in the background???

Yep, my trusty two year old Aspire 5004WLMi. :) Darn it! I didn't get the cool Ferrari sticker in the picture.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/01/DSC00632.jpg

from my trip to dubai on thursday.

C2D E6550
Shuttle SG33G5
Kingston 8GB flash drive + FM transmitter thing
2x 500GB SATA Seagate 16mb cache HDs
LG 20x DVDRW SATA
Dlink GBIT switch 8port

Gonna get a 19" wide lcd and I have 2gb of kingston hyperx lying around for the memory part of it.

Just ordered for my new computer build in the next few months:
Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 Full-Tower
4 included 120MM fans, bottom-mounted PSU for better cooling, plenty of space, etc.
Weighs a buttload too, 37.3lbs empty. EMPTY! Going to be a killer to carry to LAN parties.
Pricey at $189.99 but free shipping on Newegg so very worth it.
b30.jpg

cosmos1_big.jpg

Last edited:
Good choice, other Jake. That case is brilliant to build with. That's what I'm holding my rig in with now. You may potentially want to look into watercooling, as the case is already set up for the tubes.

I'm moving from air pistol to air rifle so I needed a gun. Unfortunately I don't have ?1400 lying around for a new one so I picked up a Walther LGM-1 for ?495. It's probably about 10-12 years old but is in almost perfect condition. I couldn't quite stretch to a pre-charged version so it's a side-lever pneumatic.
This is a stock photo, I'll get some pictures of mine on Monday.

WaltherLGM-1860937.jpg

@ TechZ why not wait a tiny bit for the E8400??? Much more p0wer for the same price...

Just ordered for my new computer build in the next few months:
Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 Full-Tower
4 included 120MM fans, bottom-mounted PSU for better cooling, plenty of space, etc.
Weighs a buttload too, 37.3lbs empty. EMPTY! Going to be a killer to carry to LAN parties.
Pricey at $189.99 but free shipping on Newegg so very worth it.
b30.jpg

cosmos1_big.jpg

:love: Cooler Master. I have one of their cheaper cases and I absolutely love it.

Nice choice :thumbsup:

Logitech FTW!

Bah. Get a real keyboard.

IBM Model M
800px-ModelM.jpg

If you can't use your keyboard to bludgeon people to death/shield yourself from on-coming bullets, why bother having one at all. Not to mention everyone else around you will appreciate the sound of buckling springs.

^ Are you in my mind y0? I was just discussing those horrid keyboards with someone last night... that's all we had at my school. God I hated the sticky springy keys, and the sound is indeed awful.

^ Are you in my mind y0?

Of course, I am part of the grand international conspiracy against you. 1.5 billion tax payer dollars put to good use. :p

I was just discussing those horrid keyboards with someone last night... that's all we had at my school. God I hated the sticky springy keys, and the sound is indeed awful.

Well if they ever decide to get rid of them give me a yell, I'll be across the border and there in an impossibly short period of time.

I liked those old really loud keyboards. When typing on one I always felt way more productive with all of the fast clicking.

^ Can you imagine a middle school library with 20 computers with these keyboards being used at the same time though? Most unproductive library ever.

That's the sound of heaven my friend. :p