The "New Toys" Thread

^ How is the mouse function on the diNovo?

I'm looking for a mouse and a PC to use with my TV but I'm looking at the MX Air and I defo can't afford both the diNovo and MX Air.

This is tecnically new, but only because I sent my old one in under warranty because it was broken, but they couldn't fix it so I got a shiny new one :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/11/DSC1121.JPG

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but my new phone broke so I got another new one :rolleyes:

Mgkdk - Destroyer of phones

Get a real keyboard.

800px-ModelM.jpg

Solid construction means it will last until the end of time, and it is easier on the hands because there is mechanical feedback which means you will use less pressure when hitting the keys. I've been using the same keyboard since the late eighties, and it is still running like a champ.

I couldn't live without the Windows-key... I use win+e, win+r, win+d and win all the time.

I only know win+l, what do the rest do?

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but my new phone broke so I got another new one :rolleyes:

Add me to that list. I had 3 T610i, 2 D750i and WAAAAY back 3 Alcatel 701 (which was a great phone back then, just kept on loosing connection to the battery..), and oh, also 2 Nokia 63something something... All been replaced by T-mobile...

I only know win+l, what do the rest do?

Win+D = show desktop
Win+E = open "My Computer" with the folder pane open (explorer view)
Win+R = "Run..." dialog
Win+Pause/Break = Computer Properties
Win+Spacebar = Vista Sidebar

Even *nix OSes use the Windows key, although they usually call it <Super> or <Meta>. Personally, I have it set to zoom (<Super>+scroll) and Expo (<Super>+E):

http://img520.imageshack.**/img520/3391/screenshotfh7.png

I couldn't live without the Windows-key... I use win+e, win+r, win+d and win all the time.

i use win+r, win+l, win+m and win+tab.

so yeah... windows button is quite nifty at times.

Pfft.

http://img120.imageshack.**/img120/822/elite520hq0.jpg

Yup - got me two of those, both in pretty much daily use... ;)

I've finally got some new toys... For my Macbook Pro:
hdandram.jpg

2Gigs of RAM (Currently sitting on 1Gig, been meaning to buy a second gig for ages. Saw the prices at Crucial and decided to get matched pair) and a 250GB WD SATA drive. I'm not the biggest fan of WD hard drives over their recent performance in my drives but I figured I'd give this a go as it's got a long warranty (so they must think it's pretty good) and reviews so far have been positive.

Also, not at all a new toy, but kinda new to me.
My Grandmother is moving after 40 years in the same house. I went over there last weekend to help out (and will be doing so again this weekend).
Now, I used to have an Olympus OM-1 once upon a time (before I moved to Canon gear) and it's the camera I learnt photography on. Dad and I knew my Grandad also had one, but we thought he'd sold it many many years back.
Anyway, going through his stuff (he passed away 15 or so years ago) :

olympusom-1.jpg

I'll take a better photo of it at some point, but for now, I'm back in love again. Having recently been trawling eBay to get another one recently, I was amazed to find this - and to be given it! And, being my Grandad's (who looked after his stuff), it's mint.

I almost feel bad using it... but have decided to do so anyway. It's now got a lovely new roll of Velvia in there.
Even after probably 20 years of being sat and unused, the tiny battery that powers the meter still had life in it...! Plus, we also found the flash unit and manuals and loads of other bits they'd kept. Obviously I was v. happy.
I also inherited my Dad's old hi-fi from my Grandparents house. Pre-CD days, but an awesome piece of kit... ;)

well, the time has come, been waiting for this ever since the rumour was out a few month ago.

Intel is dropping their prices on the 20th/Apr, will be my perfect time to get an E8xxx or the Q6600.