The "New Toys" Thread

I love the fact you managed to get the focus wrong in the middle pic :p Flashy carpet, though ;)

Well I just wanted to snap a few photos of the tripod, so just set it to Auto and snapped those three shots.

Looks like a Persian rug to me, which incidentally are the best. Screw the Turks.

Not Persian... but the pattern is probably reminiscent of one. Photos are from my room. It's just a normal carpet...

gasp all my rugs have "made in Finland" written on them. :p

ps i got these as my "late-christmas-present" from myselft :D

Big blurry image, when clicked.

sorry for blurry image, but there is some text "1500Gbytes".
Thou only 1326,44Gbytes if wista is corrected, but i haven't really installed them in any pc.

sigh 250euros for both :p.

EDIT. thank got i have warranty with these to 13 november 2013.

Last edited:
FRIGGIN AWESOME!!

I got a toaster for christmas!!

EDIT. thank got i have warranty with these to 13 november 2013.

If I've read correctly, all Seagates being built from now on will only have a 3-year warranty...grated, it's the same as the WD, but that was one of the reasons I chose them over WD, all other things being equal...

If I've read correctly, all Seagates being built from now on will only have a 3-year warranty...grated, it's the same as the WD, but that was one of the reasons I chose them over WD, all other things being equal...

Well i cheacked that it is to 2013 throw seagates site.
Here's the link

that wants s/n and model ( P/N ) (in my case it was 9ju138-301 )

if the 3years is true then :(

Last edited:
Ah, Persian, the name slipped me, i just checked my rugs, they're persian as well :p

It's a CHEAPO CARPET in my book. Before anyone complains to the daily mail, I have a similar one in beige tones. :lmao:

Anyway,
James May said:
It's back to carpets for you :lol:

Well i cheacked that it is to 2013 throw seagates site.
Here's the link

that wants s/n and model ( P/N ) (in my case it was 9ju138-301 )

if the 3years is true then :(

I think if you're buying it now, it's made before now, if I'm not mistaken. ;)

Not sure when it started...just something I've heard passed around recently.

I think if you're buying it now, it's made before now, if I'm not mistaken. ;)

Not sure when it started...just something I've heard passed around recently.

well i have them next to this pc :)

thats why i was like \o/ for the 5year warranty.

^yes I like taking pictures too, but prefer a "point and click" system to having several thousand euros worth of Cameras, lenses, bags, memory cards, and photoshop programs

I used to think that way (and most people with SLRs keep a second "pocket camera" for that reason).

But I've had far too many moments in my life ruined by crappy point and shoots (F you, Sony!!!) and there's no denying the sheer image quality you can only get with an SLR.

I just tested mine out, made bagels. The toaster passed both tests: It is capable of toasting, and also capable of burning, depending on how you set it!

Which Toaster you guys got? I got a Philips Cuisina or soemthing for my Bday...

^you value a moment in your life by the quality of the pictures taken of it? :p

No, but sometimes you spend so much time trying to get the point and shoot to do what you want, you miss the event.

I was on a whale watch boat trip once. After the first whale, I realized I was watching the whole thing through the LCD screen (and missing every shot because the camera was fighting me). Once I realized I was just watching it on TV, essentially, I stopped trying to take pictures and enjoyed the show (immensely!) Sure I don't have any great photos, but I SAW it! The only people who seemed to not have a problem were those with SLRs who would turn a focus, and "click" with an instant picture in a fraction of a second and could keep watching.

No, but sometimes you spend so much time trying to get the point and shoot to do what you want, you miss the event.

I was on a whale watch boat trip once. After the first whale, I realized I was watching the whole thing through the LCD screen (and missing every shot because the camera was fighting me). Once I realized I was just watching it on TV, essentially, I stopped trying to take pictures and enjoyed the show (immensely!) Sure I don't have any great photos, but I SAW it! The only people who seemed to not have a problem were those with SLRs who would turn a focus, and "click" with an instant picture in a fraction of a second and could keep watching.
Funnily, a few fast shots it's what a point-and-shoot should be about. Might be the problem that SLR guys know their gear because they put up with it. Still, that kind of screws with the idea of a point-and-shoot in general. Oh the irony... :rolleyes:

hrm, I'm kinda the opposite aswell.
My point & click (Olympus I think) does everything well if you leave it in auto. I imagine if you want to quickly focus on something happening (like a whale jumping out of the water) you don't have 15 minutes to get the SLR, get the right lens, set it up all correctly and by the time you've done all that you're back home already.

I do admit that the SLR > anything else in quality and possibilities, but for "everyday" pictures, point & click FTMFW

Which Toaster you guys got? I got a Philips Cuisina or soemthing for my Bday...

I got a Bosch Private Collection, whatever.
Haven't tested it yet, I should get some toasts first.

Well, I've replaced my 4:3 19 inch w/ a Samsung SynchMaster ToC T220 22" monitor :D
23hpvgk.jpg

Plantronics .audio 365 headset + CreAtive Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music Soundcard

15s3qm1.jpg

+ Race Drive Grid + GTA IV
2nlhbwh.jpg

^ Both fantastic games... GRID looks epic in HD. Honestly... I love blasting down the Mulsanne Straight in a Koenigsegg or something for 2 minutes just looking at the scenery fly past.