The "New Toys" Thread

515P68HV61L._SL500.jpg

I am soo getting this next paycheck! I don't play with Legos anymore but that is just awesome.

There's actually a few similar sets of this type, all Ferrari:

Why does that truck look soo much better than the other one? The flat top pieces?

Do they have any other car companies featured with Legos? I never knew they had Ferrari, I would have played with Legos a lot longer if I did.

I made a 4x4 Dodge 1500 long bed (with removable cap) and my brother copied mine to look like a Durango that looks amazingly like the real deal. We also had an older looking Suburban, 911 and a few others... I guess I should look up the Lego thread.

It's the Logitech Illuminated (the keys are backlit). I'll have to wait for mine for 1 more week...

i was gonna get this keyboard as well, but held back beacuse of the messed up layout. I just prefer the traditional keyboard layout, with the ? shaped enter button.

The Logitechs one seems fairly standard these days... at least it has a proper sized backspace button.

i was gonna get this keyboard as well, but held back beacuse of the messed up layout. I just prefer the traditional keyboard layout, with the ? shaped enter button.
That all depends on the layout. Around here you get one with the inverted L shaped return key.

Like this:

keyboard.jpg

The big selling points for me are the bigger delete key (cause I only hit the insert on accident when trying to delete) and the illumination. A friend of mine ordered it when it came out (and actually got it before the stocks ran out) and it handles like a dream!

I want one very badly, but can't afford it. Someday though...

How much is that Illumanted keyboard? A like my diNovo but I'd like to have a proper numpad.

MadCow, the big return/enter key is hard to find in North America anyway, both desktop and laptop keyboards are almost always with small enter keys here.

How much is that Illumanted keyboard? A like my diNovo but I'd like to have a proper numpad.

MadCow, the big return/enter key is hard to find in North America anyway, both desktop and laptop keyboards are almost always with small enter keys here.

agreed there, I love my DiNovo Edge but a lot of long term usage has seen pretty much all of the keys lettering wear off, I have been on to logitech who said they would consider replacing but I cant find the receipt for it anywhere as I cant remember where I bought it. Tempted to get the illuminated one for my computer as its main keyboard and then use the DiNovo for a media pc setup linked to the main TV, be a nice one to use for running media off the TV due to its built in touchpad and such

Lettering coming off a keyboard? Damn, that's pretty weak, except if you type 22 hours a day and have your fingers covered in sandpaper. Seems like they put too much effort in the sleek design and forgot the basics.

I bought a new MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz
Picture_1_01.png

This is my first apple computer and I'm really excited about it.

Lettering coming off a keyboard? Damn, that's pretty weak, except if you type 22 hours a day and have your fingers covered in sandpaper. Seems like they put too much effort in the sleek design and forgot the basics.

aye, i was dissapointed, a keyboard that cost in excess of ?100 and a simple issue like that effecting it, of course the first keys to go were WASD as its the generic gaming keys for movement but even so it happened quite quick. When i contacted logitech they said that it was a fault and they would replace but without the receipt i think i'm shafted. I might try them again and explain a lack of receipt and see what they reply with

I have to say logitech support on the whole is pretty good, I had a duff MX revolution from them sometime ago, they sent out a replacement without asking for the original back first. All they asked for was that on receipt of the new mouse I sent them back the wireless receiver for the old one in a pre paid envelope

Well, no chance of the lettering coming off on this keyboard. :D

1 more week, I can't wait!

keep us posted on it fella as i do like the look of it :)

Holy crap! That thing has one heck of a cooler on it. I bet that set you back quite a lot.

yeah, which is why I'm using a standard keyboard now : )