The "New Toys" Thread

No exposure compensation in Photoshop, but you did dial in to be a third of a stop under ;)

I think it's really worth it, I think you got a little grief on the photography forum if I remember but they are very useful. I was looking at getting one of These but have other things to get and build first.

Best of luck with it !

Exactly, I keep it in 1/3 under for when I shoot in A mode. It still gets written into the exif, even though it doesn't matter in M mode.

New shoes

New shoes

New shoes:

Average cost of my shoes has been $50.00 for any kind until now...

$139.95
+ tax
$151.15

I was going to buy some Red Wings but the ones I wanted only had the composite toe cap but these Carolinas are water proof too. I have heard Red Wings are excellent but has anyone ever heard of this Carolina brand? I may return them if I can't find or hear as good reviews as the Red Wings since water proofing wasn't a must.

^ Expensive shoes are usually worth it though... I once bought a pair of hand-made leather boots for almost $400, but I've been wearing them all winter long for 5 years now.

Wow, some how this whole reply looks terrible. I don't know how but I think its......

Wow, some how this whole reply looks terrible. I don't know how but I think its......

Yes, I was wondering more specifically (since not all things are created/made equally even if the price is...) if that brand was as good or better than Red Wing.

Expensive _insert anything (well almost anything <_<) here_ are usually worth it

Fixed.

:shock:

Yeah, $400, but I've been wearing them for 5 years and I will probably wear them another 5 at least.

It was pretty cheap actually, considering they are basically made from scratch in a room behind the store they sell them at here.

Regarding work boots I am clueless, when I needed a pair I bought them from WalMart and they lasted me the few months I had that job.

Sekonic light meters have always been the gold standard in photography and film making. I have this really old Sekonic light meter which was once used by my dad (who used to shoot for newspapers and weddings back in his day). I'll post a pic of it when I get home!

On Valentine's day, me and my girlfriend spent the evening at a nice romantic dinner. On the way home we wanted to stop for a cake or something sweet. Well, let's just say, we ended up without a cake but walked away from the mall with this :)

guitar-hero-world-tour-drum-kit1.jpg

On Valentine's day, me and my girlfriend spent the evening at a nice romantic dinner. On the way home we wanted to stop for a cake or something sweet. Well, let's just say, we ended up without a cake but walked away from the mall with this :)

guitar-hero-world-tour-drum-kit1.jpg

My god, you must be a horrible boyfriend :p

A650.jpg

Canon A650 IS, taken from my old Canon G2. Only slightly lighter and smaller than my old brick, and it doesn't have that topside LCD panel with shutter speed, flash and exposure setting, etc that I used all the time, but we'll see how if I miss them much. Bought it for $125 with a broken display, $60 replacement display and a few minutes of soldering later, good as new. Oh the things we do in these credit crunch days.

It's about CAD85.

Yes, welcome to the not-so-cheap world of Australian gaming. Actually, Australian electronic goods.