The "New Toys" Thread

300_front_top_q.jpg

I love my 300 <3

Hurray, another MX Revolution user.

I love mine so much.
Been one since it came out (just a week after the release my MX1000's battery kicked the bucket) and been a happy user up until the button started acting weirdly. This one works perfectly. Will report on the battery in a few days.

^I find mine will last ages before needing a recharge.

3 days before recharging with heavy use.

Yeah, same as mine. I was hoping for more with the mk2. :/ We'll see in a few days.

I've never had a rechargeable wireless mouse run out of juice, I just dock it at night. Works wonders.

Yeah, I think that's a bit of a vice with batteries that last longer than a day, you don't have to recharge it every night and then when the time comes, you forget to.

EDIT: I've just installed mousotron to measure how many kms/clicks the mouse will do before I have to recharge it. (I only recharge it when the red light comes on, it lasts for at least 10 hours like that, so even if I come to work and see the red light it won't run out before I'm done.

Last edited:
I've never had a rechargeable wireless mouse run out of juice, I just dock it at night. Works wonders.

This. I've had my MX1000 for a few years now, and it hasn't played up at all. I've only recently had the slight problem of it not instantly going into the docking station and charging. But it's perfect.

I run my mouse battery to the ground, when the pointer stops moving around I replace the AA's.

This. I've had my MX1000 for a few years now, and it hasn't played up at all. I've only recently had the slight problem of it not instantly going into the docking station and charging. But it's perfect.

I've had my MX1000 for 4 or 5 years and it still works like new aside from the docking problem which just takes a bit of wiggling. I might try cleaning the contacts though.

^ Yeah, you just need to wipe the contacts. I had that problem about a year after I bought the mouse, Logitech told me to wipe the contacts and they sent me another MX1k too.

I give them a little rub with my finger when I put it on the charger, works nicely.

Current stats:

mousotron_day1.png

Note that it's the weekend so not a lot of working done, but all 4 lights are still on (4 green lights, 3, 2, 1, 1 red light, death) and Setpoint says 10 more days of battery life to go. I'll be gone whole day on monday, so that'll add an extra day, but afterwards I'll do a proper working week cycle and see the numbers again, but so far it's looking a lot better than mk1.

Got "This" today to replace "That"... ready for my trip.
IMG_0028.jpg

Just been handed:

logitech-mx-revolution2.jpg

to replace:

logitech-mx-revolution2.jpg

:D

The old one's left button got busted, it would either double click on its own, triple click or not click at all (three years of daily abuse will do that), so Logitech replaced it free of charge.

Setpoint says it's a mk2, it has its own frequency, so had to replace the usb receiver as well and it's a bit lighter. I hope not at the expense of shorter battery life.

Do you still have the old mouse, since there is a VERY easy fix for that error in mice. Just pop the thing open and put a drop of WD-40 or CRC or some other penetrating fluid on the button of the mouse and click it with your fingernail for a few dozen times, then wipe the residue off.

59994_Full.jpg

^The white strips next to where the "Micro switch" points is where you want the oil

I've had that same error with a few mice and a joystick, WD-40 works every time :)

Well, I'd rather not fiddle with it, since it's still under warranty and Logitech will be repairing it for free. I just had to get a new one cause I can't be mouse-less. That one will then be a replacement if something goes wrong with this one. I didn't want to risk breaking anything by a DIY fix, which would leave me completely mouseless.