The "New Toys" Thread

My sister just gave me this:

AtomExec.jpg

Can't wait to flash WM6.1 onto it tomorrow when its fully charge. Should compliment my Samsung Blackjack nicely :)

My problem atm is figuring out how to flash to WM6.1, and which ROMS to use...

XDA developers is confusing as hell to browse...

EDIT:

This one seems to be stable: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=365754

Any thoughts???

Last edited:
I don't know why people even buy DS games...those things are awesom:D

Tell me about it, first thing I did when I bought my ds was order a flashcard online.

I got the CycloDS Evo card, its amazing.

Yeah really wanted to get the CycloDS aswell but I couldn't find any webstore that looked slightly reliable that sold it. Got the AceKard 2.1 instead, very decent card, build quality is shit but the interface, speed and compatibilty is great.

All this talk about the MX revolution....well usually Best Buy has some pretty shit prices but right now they have the mouse for $39.99. Pretty good deal if you ask me, at this price I might break free from my corded mouse.

Bought Lego Star Wars II and Need For Speed: Pro Street today for my 360, quite cheap for both together too.

MSI EX620X

MSI%20EX620X-048HU.jpg

16" screen, 1366x768
P7350 C2D
4gb ram
320 gb disk
+ loads of other stuff

And a Logitech VX Revolution to go along with it.
VX%20revolution.jpg

This means I now have a total of 3 logitech mice:

An MX1000, which I use at home (+ rep swek)
An MX500, which I use at the office,
And the VX Revolution, for the laptop.

not that new

_e60c-dell-xps-m1210-laptop-2.jpg

Dell XPS M1210

Blackberry 8900.

blackberry-8900-tmob-duo-600.jpg

It's very useful for stuff.. got it for cheap instead of the iPhone because I switched carriers.

I am posting this with my new Nokia 5800. The photo is in the phone thread.

Just been handed:

logitech-mx-revolution2.jpg

to replace:

logitech-mx-revolution2.jpg

:D

The old one's left button got busted, it would either double click on its own, triple click or not click at all (three years of daily abuse will do that), so Logitech replaced it free of charge.

Setpoint says it's a mk2, it has its own frequency, so had to replace the usb receiver as well and it's a bit lighter. I hope not at the expense of shorter battery life.

just bought this today i guess im in the MX revo club :lol:

What's so special about the MX? I own a VX and it's bleh.

It's the best mouse out there. 11 buttons, fits in the hand perfectly, nice thumb rest, accurate like a sniper rifle, so far on day 5 of battery life. The VX is a laptop mouse so it has less functions, because it has to be smaler. This is a proper rat.

And aptly I just ordered a Ratpadz XT (the HDPL one that won't wear out) for it.

I was just at FutureShop... the damn MX Revo is still going for $139.99!

I wasn't gonna buy one at that price, but I think it's a downgrade in terms of ergonomics from the MX1000. It somehow doesn't fill my palm up the way I'd like.

I thought so too when I switched, but it took just a few hours to convince me otherwise. If you can, borrow one for a week or so.

Then check out the MX1100. I stayed away from the Revo for the same reason, but the 1100 is godly.

dell-ultrasharp-2209wa-ips-lcd-monitor.jpg

2209WA from my 2007WFP. :D

Took delivery of it on Monday, but still calling Dell as the stand is unable to keep the panel perfectly horizontal (about 2 degrees off to the right)

:(

I bought a 2209WA for my mom weeks ago, but it still hasn't even shipped yet! Why do they have to make such a good monitor so hard to buy? :(

I was just at FutureShop... the damn MX Revo is still going for $139.99!

I wasn't gonna buy one at that price, but I think it's a downgrade in terms of ergonomics from the MX1000. It somehow doesn't fill my palm up the way I'd like.

It is $90 at Infonec ,one of my local-ish computer stores (not affiliated with them in any way) and only 9 bucks for shipping in Canada. It does go on sale from time to time, think it was going for only 60 or so a while back, but I'm pretty sure Futureshop should be able to price match with them if you want to buy locally.

Didn't like the feel of it as well, so I opted for the MX1100 instead, and have to agree with smib