The "New Toys" Thread

nouseferaname90

got this off craigslist for $100 today
_4afc-htc-kaiser1_1449.jpg

HTC tilt

AxlxA

I"m trying to decide what to buy... new speakers? logitech z2300, new 1tb vs 1.5tb internal hdd, or anything else?

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
Just purchased online a Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave Pro with the mouse. A$99. Bargain!

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
^ Brilliant keyboard. The only thing that has been bad about it, is that I've broken two of the supports after hitting it too hard. :lol:

nsx_23

Forum Addict
^Why did you hit the keyboard too hard?

smib

is a big honkin' homo
Car(s)
2010 Mazda3
^ Yeah, it kept freezing just before it camera panned to the tranny's package.

Last edited:

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Went and bought the Mothership set in vinyl earlier.

Led_Zeppelin_-_Mothership_LP.png

Initials impressions are very nice sound quality, it had better be for brand new vinyl, but so far I've noticed a couple shortcomings. They're noticeably more quiet than other records I have; normally the loudest I turn up my system is 45, perhaps 50 for a real good mood- right now I've got these playing at 55 and it's just slightly louder than I'd consider normal listening level. A second thing I noticed is once my turntable gets to the end of the record the groove isn't cut far enough to the center of the record to activate the automatic tonearm return. That is quite annoying.

I'll have more thoughts later as I play the rest of the set throughout the night.

nsx_23

Forum Addict
Just bought this:

Touch_Diamond_People.jpg

nsx_23

Forum Addict
It did stretch the budget, but after playing with my friend's touch HD the whole day I do think I should try to get used to a full touchscreen device.

Worst case, I'll just dump it back on ebay and buy the Samsung instead.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
You don't want a Samsung.

No, apprently you didn't want a Samsung. :lol: I`d have bought an HTC if it had a better camera and it didn`t have that stupid prism design on the back.

nsx_23

Forum Addict
Hmm, my "old" phone is a Samsung blackjack, it was pretty good.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
I've tried several samsungs. They're all slow, unresponsive, unintuitive sons of bitches that need to burn in the eternal fires of the Sun.

eltoro507

> ahpadt
Car(s)
French shitbox
I've tried several samsungs. They're all slow, unresponsive, unintuitive sons of bitches that need to burn in the eternal fires of the Sun.

My e900 is great, i've bought 2 phones since it and it still is the best of the bunch. Completely logical menu's, battery life is awesome, sound quality good, not a fancy phone but it does everything i need it too.

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG

You seem to be in the minority buddy... I had a normal Samsung slider before the i900 and that was a decent phone too. The only slow thing about it was the focus on the camera.

The i900 runs beautifully... the only drawback to that over any HTC for me was the lack of XDA-developers work for it, and surprisingly over the last few months development has really picked up for the i900.

janstett

Car(s)
86 944 Turbo, 2000 TA, 09 GC Overland, 11 CLS550
I bought a new old toy -- a working IBM Thinkpad 701 (aka "The Butterfly") on eBay. There's one in the Museum of Modern Art as a display piece.

The keyboard is bigger than the computer, it innovatively folds up when you close the lid and expands back out when you open it.

ibm701c_256.gif

787px-IBM_ThinkPad_701_Butterfly_05.JPG

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBCLhfWekDQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: