The "New Toys" Thread

I love it :D

HTC FTW. My first (sort of) phone was a Windows mobile, and I love them, and miss it.

HTC seems to make quite good hardware but I honestly couldn't look at their phones before Android. I tried a HTC Touch running WinMo and I wanted to punch it after 5 minutes.

^Try WM 6.5

I flashed my Diamond over yesterday. Its much better than 6 or 6.1

WM7 is the one to wait for though.

I quickly looked at it, it didn't really looked different on the surface, but if I found someone with a WM6.5 phone I'll give it a real go ^^

Little addition for my new laptop..

Cavalry 2-dock 3.5-inch Hard Drive Dock - USB2.0/eSata.

Got it with a 1TB WD HDD, so I'll have my two 500GBs and the 1TB to give me a total of 2.5TB when I include the internal 500GB on my laptop.

22-101-176-TS

Only paid $110 for it, so even if the dock is shit I didn't really lose much more than $10 on the 1TB HDD.

Little addition for my new laptop..

Cavalry 2-dock 3.5-inch Hard Drive Dock - USB2.0/eSata.

Got it with a 1TB WD HDD, so I'll have my two 500GBs and the 1TB to give me a total of 2.5TB when I include the internal 500GB on my laptop.

22-101-176-TS

Only paid $110 for it, so even if the dock is shit I didn't really lose much more than $10 on the 1TB HDD.

If it fails I would suggest getting one of these

17-729-003-03.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817729003

It looks snazy and doesn't seem to have any issues (though I admit I've only used it for a couple days). I have a 500GB hard drive from my old raidz array doing time machine backups on my notebook and it is working like a champ.

erm...question... is 85 euro monies alot for a 1TB external HD? I'm dunno whats what anymore...

Last time I bought hardware, it was 2007 and HDDs cost lots of monies

erm...question... is 85 euro monies alot for a 1TB external HD? I'm dunno whats what anymore...

Last time I bought hardware, it was 2007 and HDDs cost lots of monies

Nope, that's about right.

If it fails I would suggest getting one of these

17-729-003-03.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817729003

It looks snazy and doesn't seem to have any issues (though I admit I've only used it for a couple days). I have a 500GB hard drive from my old raidz array doing time machine backups on my notebook and it is working like a champ.

Thanks, I've been trying to see what external enclosure to get if the dock fails on me.

http://img34.imageshack.**/img34/7550/002okx.jpg

37 inch Sony Wega flat screen that I picked up (and had a hell of a time lugging home) for a bargain. Beer bottle thrown in for size reference. It's entirely way too big and very obnoxious and I love it already. Also an Xbox360 with MotoGP 08 and The Club for starters. KaJuN is a happy person now.

You're in Japan - Why not pick up something crazy? :p

I finally got a new computer! Here are the tech specs.

Core i7 2.66 GHz
Corsair Dominator 6 GIG - Tri-Channel @ 8-8-8-24
Corsair 620HX, 620 Watt Modular Power Supply
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
XFX HD 4890 1 GIG DDR5
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
WD VelociRaptor 150 Gig @ 10,000 RPM
WD Caviar Black 640 Gig @ 7200 RPM
Seagate Barracuda 250 Gig (from old system)
WD 250 Gig (from old system)
Maxtor 500 Gig (from old system)
Noctua NH-U12P
2 x Noctua NF-P12 120mm Case Fan
CoolMaster Cosmos 1000-RC
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech Z-5500 (from old system)
Windows Vista Home Premium (with Windows 7 Upgrade coupon)

22622185.jpg

Picture I took for twitter, though most things are connected and the case is just wide open for now until I re-do the wiring so everything fits better. Also everything is opened to check if all the components work or not..works for now!

Last edited:
Just got my Woot today. $40, i think.
DSC00609.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

They all came with these great dvd-case-sized mini posters...very well done artwork to look like lobby posters.

Just got my Woot today. $40, i think.
They all came with these great dvd-case-sized mini posters...very well done artwork to look like lobby posters.

You probably already know, but for those who don't, check out RiffTrax. They do stand-alone MST3K-style commentaries for your DVDs.